New Fame Bonuses and Rework?

A complete list of Fame Bonuses (new, old, and suggested):
Name: Percentage - Description.

Heroic Bonuses:
Ancestor: 100% - First character on account.
Most Famous Character: 10% - Character with the most base fame on account.
Well Equipped: Equipment Total - Sum of all equipment fame bonuses worn.
Friend Of The Cubes: 25% - Never kill any cube.
Keep It Fresh 25% - Keep every stat not maximized (0/8).
Mundane: 25% - Never use ability.
Boots On The Ground: 25% - Never teleport to other players.
Pacifist: 25% - Never kill an enemy.
True Pacifist: 150% - Never hurt an enemy.

Sequential Bonuses (fame bonuses don’t stack; they upgrade):
Thirsty 1: 5% - Never drink a health or magic potion.
Thirsty 2: 10% - Thirsty 1 plus never consume any consumable that are not stat maxing pots.
Thirsty 3: 15% - Never consume any consumables ever.
Tunnel Rat 1: 5% - Complete all low tier dungeons (beach to highlands).
Tunnel Rat 2: 10% - Tunnel Rat 1 plus complete all mid tier dungeons (mountains).
Tunnel Rat 3: 15% - Tunnel Rat 2 plus complete all high tier dungeons (event gods).
God Slayer 1: 5% - Kill 100 gods.
God Slayer 2: 10% - Kill 500 gods.
God Slayer 3: 15% - Kill 1,000 gods.
Raider 1: 5% - Complete 10 dungeons.
Raider 2: 10% - Complete 100 dungeons.
Raider 3: 15% - Complete 1,000 dungeons.
Leader 1: 5% - Witness 10 level ups from other players.
Leader 2: 10% - Witness 100 level ups from other players.
Leader 3: 15% - Witness 1,000 level ups from other players.
Bounty Hunter 1: 5% - Complete 10 quests.
Bounty Hunter 2: 10% - Complete 100 quests.
Bounty Hunter 3: 15% - Complete 1,000 quests.
Cartographer 1: 5% - Discover 500,000 tiles.
Cartographer 2: 10% - Discover 1,000,000 tiles.
Cartographer 3: 15% - Discover 5,000,000 tiles.
Accurate 1: 5% - At least 33% of shots hit enemies.
Accurate 2: 10% - At least 50% of shots hit enemies.
Accurate 3: 15% - At least 75% of shots hit enemies.
Accurate 4: 20% - At least 90% of shots hit enemies.

Achievement Bonuses:
PPE: 50% - Only use items you find dropped by enemies.
Oryx Slayer: 50% - Kill Oryx the Mad God.
Executioner: 25% - Kill every event god.
Game Ender: Total Vials Used - For every Vial of Pure Darkness popped yields 1% fame bonus (additive).
Play Time: Time Spent Alive - For every hour the character is alive yields 1% fame bonus (additive).
Speed Runner: 150% - Complete the game in under 6 hours. Requirements for completing the game: All stats maxed, at least 2,000 base fame, completed Oryx’s Chamber, completed Wine Cellar, and completed the Void.
Legend: 300% - Base fame currently ranks at number 1 on realmeye.

Reasonable?:
An average character might obtain:
Most Famous Character (10%),
Well Equipped (15%),
Tunnel Rat 2 (10%),
God Slayer 3 (15%),
Raider 2 (10%),
Leader 2 (10%),
Bounty Hunter 2 (10%),
Cartographer 3 (15%),
Accurate 2 (10%),
Play Time (12%)

…
Before dying, this character totals at 117% fame bonus. If this character has 3,000 base fame, then their total fame on death would be 6,510.

A fame grinder character might obtain:
Most Famous Character (10%),
Well Equipped (20%),
Friend Of The Cubes (25%),
Keep It Fresh (25%),
Mundane (25%),
Boots On The Ground (25%),
Pacifist (25%),
Thirsty 3 (15%),
Tunnel Rat 3 (15%),
Raider 3 (15%),
Leader 3 (15%),
Bounty Hunter 3 (15%),
Cartographer 3 (15%),
Accurate 4 (20%),
PPE (50%),
Play Time (50%)

…
Totaling at 365% fame bonus. If this character dies with 50,000 base fame, then this player earns 232,500 account fame.

Feel free to criticize or add onto this. What do you think?

• Good! :slight_smile:
  • Bad! :frowning:

0 voters

More fame bonuses would be cool. Maybe also add a god kill one that just requires a set number of gods killed (say, 10k gods or something), just to make sure that players don’t just selectively target gods and avoid clearing in other situations when fame farming?

I will add, though, that the 6/8, 8/8 ones will be easily accomplished by players who are already well-established and who can give the character the necessary pots out of their vault or off of mules, while making the process of getting fame harder for players who are just starting out.

Why does my steam accomplishment thingy give me the god fame bonuses when I kill a set amount of gods tho?

I have no idea how steam things work; I use Flash Projector.

I think Steam works by giving the accomplishment when you first reach the relevant godkill %, and doesn’t take it off you if your kills later dip below the amount. But it’s been years since I played on there so only going from a dusty memory.

Yes to most of the ideas, though not the nexus with low HP one (is silly, people would just do it in a controlled way to tick the thing off) and not to the Most Famous ones giving more fame to you, since you already got the fame. Speed Runners would be a bit trivial, eg. if you have pots stored you can max in moments.

Strongly in favour of pre-selecting options such as No Trade for your character, so you don’t need to remember it (Boots on the Ground could have this too). No Pet would actively block you from having a pet follow you, PPE would block you from entering vault, etc. Then switching these “off” such as if you want to give up PPE mode, loses the bonus.

And if a no-trading fame option is enabled, other players get a relevant error if they try to trade you, like Player does not accept trades to avoid the thing now where “trade me”, “no, I’m PPE”.

@JimdaFish @Nevov Implemented your ideas and changed some things. Thanks!

My suggestion for “Tunnel Rat”: You should only be required to complete dungeons that don’t require keys/incredibly rare (Like Belladona’s Garden, Battle for the Nexus or Beachzone) because it would require spending money to be able to achieve them which is unfair for free-to-play players.

Would Candy Land count?

You can buy cland keys…

No, that’s not what I meant. He said super rare dungeons shouldn’t count, but IDK if that includes or excludes cland.

No, he said you should only be required to do dungeons that are super rare (so basically dungeons that are seasonal) or don’t require keys. Cland doesn’t fit into either category, making it not count

Candyland is an endless dungeon so it shouldn’t be part of Tunnel Rat since you have to “Complete” the dungeon. I didn’t think this was a possible question

OH YEAH, LOL! I was just looking at the mystery keys and I wasn’t thinking, haha.

Why does no understand what I’m saying?

I believe that it is now completable, thanks to a recent update if the dungeon. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Does it work as the actual thirsty, if u use it from the slot made for it, u dont lose the bonus?

I think this one would be really hard , if its not impossible, or would be only possible with good rolls. New lh pot drop makes it even harder.

that one would be great, but hard to code i guess

Already thought about that, awesome idea

100% Agreeing

Well that’s some advice from me feel free to answer

Idk what you mean by this. The reason why I made Thirsty 1, and Thirsty 2, was because I thought Thirsty was “never drink a health or magic potion”, so when I drank a dex potion and saw that my bonus wasn’t there, I was sad. :frowning:

Looking at the wiki, I see what you mean by the “slot made for you”, but I think it needs a whole rework. If you drink a health and magic potion at all, you lose Thirsty 1. If you don’t drink a health and magic potion but drink any other potion, you lose Thirsty 2.

Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

One word - Candies.
Do you mean within X hours of gameplay or X hours within the character being made?

The latter.

by the slot made for it, i mean the little GUI under ur 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th inventory slot.
The thing is Thirsty is a bonus u dont lose until you either drink a hp/mp pot apart from this slot or until you drink an item with “potion” in the description from your inventory. Thats a good 25% fame bonus u can easely get and easely lose but i dont think that’s what this fame bonus was meant to do. The fact yours forbids any hp/mp pot use makes it hard to keep, but realistic which is great even if u’d lose it easely.