New Huntress Trap - Trap of Burning Desire

TRAP OF BURNING DESIRE

Before you read this, be aware this trap is extremely similar to the trap of the demon king by Tigerball. This page and trap were made separately by me because of differing opinions on what a new, dps oriented trap should be. It is, without a doubt, a stolen idea, but I believe that in order for this trap to evolve and become a part of the game, a different editor/creator was needed. The sprite and name are different; both created by me, but the idea is all credit to Tigerball. Now with those credits over, lets continue:

The Trap’s Sprite:

Alternative Sprites:

Thanks to Starwartwo for this one :slight_smile: this is really big tho

(More sprites to be added if anyone decides to create one for me or if I create another concept for what this trap should look like.)

The Traps Abilities and Stats:

Tier: UT
Cost: 180mp (7.5 Second Cooldown on all traps)
Radius: 3
Damage: 1350, Inflicts Curse
Duration: 3.5 Seconds
Stat Bonus: +2 Atk
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 900

Drop Area:

I believe this trap should drop in the Lair of Shaitans. I believe this because the dungeon itself is not worth it; it feels empty and only has one situational white bag, and a pretty meh cloth. With the many new updates making Janus worth doing and the multiple dungeons opened by Craig, it’s only logical to make one of the most useless hard dungeons in the game a little more useful, and to give players even more incentive to complete Janus instead of just going to Oryx and getting those juicy tops. I also believe the trap itself fits in with the already existing Skull of Endless Torment, in that it is a high damage low range ability, useful against single non moving/slow targets, but not always as useful as the other possible skulls/traps because of slow/paralyze, respectively (Skull of Esben and Coral Trap).

Balancing:

This trap may need some tweaking. Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Conclusion:

Well not much else to say. Let me know if I left out any vital information. If anyone needs explaining or believes that they could give me advice in anyway, it would be much appreciated. Once again, this is not an original idea. This is merely my representation of how it should be, because its much different from the original creators. Thanks everyone for reading and be sure to give feedback :slight_smile: thank you all :hearts:

uhhh… not sure if you want that…

does the cooldown not apply for other traps?

If possible, I would make it so, but I myself am not completely sure of how Realm’s cooldown system works. So if it does go for all traps, then that would be perfect.

yes. B/c you cant use st orb with ut orb. but you can with the teired orb and one of those orbs.

so the cooldown would still be there after you remove the trap

Okay perfect, thanks for telling me, Ill edit that part right now

Sooooo, my analysis skills are next to nil, which is why i shall instead comment about the sprite.

It looks pretty well done, a change from the other traps that just have different colors, shaping is nice, maybe lower the flames a bit? As for the color, you focused too much on the fire and not enough on the trap, perhaps add a new color? Blue is technically the color of flame, so it wouldn’t look bad if used properly, that’s all, these were just suggestions, even without any changes, the sprite still looks quite nice.

Thank you so very much for your feedback :slight_smile: Im gonna start working on a few new sprites right now based off those ideas, and will update the page once im done :smiley:

Um… okay, my analysis. 1350, a decent damage output to balance out the cool down time, as well as the curse. Okay… but the range, I feel like maybe 3 tiles or 3.5 would still be decently balanced. 2 attack also increases your damage output, so I would (personally) compare this to ctrap. Overall, I can’t really find a bad thing with this trap except for one thing. I posted a trap similar to this, and a major reason why it was shut down was because having daze on a trap would blur the lines between an archer and a huntress even more than ctrap does. So, ye, there is my analysis.

Thank you for the feedback, I was actually thinking the range was a little bit small as well, but i kind of liked the idea of it to make it a bit harder to hit, but I think a buff to 3.25 would make it a bit more usable since it does have the throw lag.

Ye, I just felt that 2.5 was a bit extreme.

I agree. Also I decided 3.25 was bit too large so I made it 3, which should be suffice considering thats still quite a decent radius.

okay, and wbu the other point i raised?

also im borrowing part of ur sprite just the flames don’t hurt me pls

well, if you are referring to the point you made about daze, I took it into consideration that perhaps the curse may make it too close to a Mystic, but the mystic is a poorly underused class and even still the mystic and the huntress are not two classes that are closely compared to each other like the archer and the huntress are. The QOT is a highly sought after item, and i can understand why people would get mad if the item they grinded for and the main reason why a lot of people make archer is suddenly available on huntress as well, and with the ability to not even need to aim as well (since you can place a trap and not have to hit an arrow). Also you can use the flames, and if you give credit it would be appreciated but its not necessary.

ctrap would still be better in the case of dps becuase you can spam it, can’t say the same for this trap.

FIRST (like)

well you may be right, but for most people without a divine pet its much stronger for dps (plus curse). Perhaps the cooldown should be lowered to 7 seconds?

can you design me a sprite? I need like a shield but circular, kind of like a viking shield? I don’t know how to make one look good. Here is my current one

mp pts

sure maybe, i mean, was your vision for this to be a dps item or a general usage item? It can’t be both cuz opness