New icon glitch

I reported on a similar issue here:

But think this is something new. Doing a LOD, on blue after red, and all of a sudden the boss turns into a square. The game immediately goes very laggy, a few frames a second sort of laggy, and kicks me back to the main menu as I try and take a screenshot:

I did not try going back into Realm but quit Flash Projector (MacOS version 22), and did not see it again. No other icons were affected, and the shading is like nothing I’ve seen in game, so it seems very different from the player sprite bug I saw before. Hopefully just a random glitch.

Glitch? I think not. :^)

Looks like some debug code or something drew a rectangle and filled it in with position or maybe UV data for the colour. I’ve seen shading like that several times in the past when working with low level openGL code. Something must have really screwed up.

Possibly. It’s different from the other glitch I saw, which replaced the sprites with plain rectangles, the same colour as the dye for that char, with a border and shadow. As if the sprite data was missing.

This made me think it‘s drawn differently. Maybe custom code that uses render-to-texture to compose it. Why I don’t know – it could be cheaper than storing the sprite’s frame. And that code is missing data so draws a default pattern to the texture containing just two vertex coloured triangles.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.