[New Item Idea] Cloak of Swift Moss

Cloak of Swift Moss

Sprite Credits To: Aurum

A forest green cloak made of lightweight moss with extraordinary powers, retrieved from the Shatters after having spent years gathering dust and enchantments.
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 60
Effect: Speedy for 4 seconds, Immune to all negative status effects for 4 seconds
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Stat Bonus: +5 SPD, -5 DEF
Fame Bonus: 5%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 1,000

Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From The Forgotten King

This cloak is very interesting in that it has a very low MP cost, gives a long duration of Speedy, a +5 SPD bonus, and grants you immunity to all status effects at the cost of losing your invisibility entirely, and a -5 DEF reduction. The main purpose of this cloak is for rushing small, constricted dungeons where there is not a lot of room to teleport, but you still want to rush quickly. The loss of invisibility is very great, but will be offset by your immunity to all negative status effects that might affect your rushing (Confuse, Paralyze, Darkness, etc.) Also, this cloak is VERY spammable, having the same MP cost as a T0 Cloak of Shadows. So, this cloak is specifically designed so that you can pretty much perma-speedy through dungeons with tight corridors (Cultist, UDL) but you have to be good at dodging and have a bit of daring to use it. Could be a great swapout (looking at you, Humid.)

Please comment with any suggestions or critiques. This is the first item that I have made, so please make sure that I can keep on improving. Thank you all so much!

Edit: Added a 5 second cooldown to item
Edit 2: Sprite updated

How would you rate the item design overall?

• Great
  • Good
  • Average
  • Bad
  • Trash

0 voters

Would you use this item if you got it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Maybe put a 5 second cooldown on it. So, like other cloaks, theres a one second period between usage. If ur thinking about using it as cult rusher, I think it would be quite op, considering everything has a status effect. Just my thought

Thank you for suggestion, will implement

i like that its not a puri but an immunity
p damn cool

i think the sprite is a bit lacking so ill give respriting it a shot

tysm :slight_smile:

Edit: also i’m not very good at spriting, so all help would be very much appreciated

leaf%20cloak%20export
heres my take on it

Tbhhhhh I’m ngl I really like this idea and would love to see it implemented. With the cool down it seems super balanced and an interesting idea. I dont say that for a lot of ideas but I really like this one

I had to change my vote after the updated sprite was added. I really do not like the look of the cloak anymore. But I do like the idea even though I would not use it often, or if ever.

I also did my own take on the sprite.

Since it drops from The Forgotten King Imo it should look more like his robe.

:(

You liked my sprite better?

I hope it’s OK if I use your sprite, I like it a lot

[New Ability Idea] Gold Coin Trap

Yes I did like yours better.

@ArexRew take no offense, it is just my personal preference.

Hey! I was thinking about the name, and I thought: Since Moss grows in most conditions, pretty much everywhere, the Moss cloak could have the added bonus of healing to self. Considering that some animals live WITH algae growing on it, it wouldn’t be too far fetched for the cloak to do so. article-0-02CE2FB000000578-710_468x351

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.