New Katana: Futago

Futago

A double-edged blade of night and day on the other, set on a golden hilt. Its faint glow illuminates the night.

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 175-185 (average: 180)
Projectile Speed: 14 tiles/second
Lifetime: 320 milliseconds
Range: 4.8 tiles
Rate of Fire: 70%
Stat Bonuses: +3 WIS, +6 DEF
Effects: Ignores defense of targets
Fame Bonus: 6%

Loot Bag:
Drops From: Sukarodo

I really like the sprite for it, and it’s a pretty cool item as well. The description reminds me a lot of another item in the game, can’t really remember what though.

That’s a pretty bulky looking katana, but the colors are all right. Seems like you finally started getting some sort of a grasp on balancing. I took the liberty of putting it on a dps graph (yellow color/useless katana is the Dabruski)

Very good solid item, but how rare of a drop is it going to be?

Well, it’s a white bag item, so…if I make a rough estimate, I would say…1 out of 500

Wow that’s actually pretty rare. With those odds, I’d say you should give the item a slight stat boost, maybe like +3 Wis or something?

Nah its fine. Why add stats to a UT thats balanced already?

I made the blade thinner.

Why not?

It IS a very balanced item, but with a 1/500 chance it deserves to have a little boost.

Plus, 3 Wisdom shouldn’t make too much of a difference.

doubled it.

With this kind of rarity, shouldn’t the stat boost be def instead? Ninja always needs def considering its range. Also this kata would only be used on high def enemies (indicating endgame > need more def)

Getting better with your sprites :+1:

This is my Christmas reskin:

Even for a true ninja master, a jolly holiday is always looked forward to.

Maybe I should change the drop rate to 1/200

are you joking, even conventional items like dbow and the like have droprates ranging from [estimates of] 1/50 to 1/150. here’s some confirmed white droprates through statistics and xml fishing and whatnot:

cwand - 1/80
csword - 1/30 (yes this is the actual droprate)
leafbow - 1/50 (have no idea if the leafbow rework changed the droprate as wel though)
dbow - 1/100 (reskin - 1/50)
dblade - 1/100 (reskin - 1/50)
tomb rings - 1/10 (obviously this was pre-droprate nerf)

your droprate is more akin to an event white. the estimates for various event whites vary from 1/500 to 1/2000 based on player experience. 1/500 is far too low, 1/100 or somewhere around would be much more realistic

Wow gamma gamer made a decent sprite… very nice, I like to see your ideas improving as I said a little while back, you have potential you just have to put it to Use and you’ve done that, 8/10. Good job

Edit: the names sounds like someone butchered mike wazowski, um mike dabruski

I believe this one, I get this fairly often.

I don’t believe this one lol.

Assuming 1/500 droprate:

If there’s 500 players doing the dungeon for this katana, there’s a 63% chance someone will get it. Per run.

That’s more Dabruskis than you think.

Dabriski sounds like some kind of russian or polish alcoholic drink

Solid standard armorpierce option for the ninjas, with an attractive defense. The sprite is nice, if not too similar to void blade

Endgame>need more hp. Most of the time, You’ll only get hit 4-5times before you die. def isn’t gonna help you there.