New Katana: Futago

I fucking love the sprite. I fucking love the idea. This is gorgeous in every way

Give me now :heart_eyes:

This is awesome! Your ideas have been steadily improving in quality and this is definitely the best one Iā€™ve seen so far. I love the sprite, the description is good, and it appears to be fairly well balanced. +1 and a like <3

is the sprite a recolored void blade?

Yes. But it isnā€™t THAT bad.

If the name is so bad, I changed it to Futago. It means ā€œThe Twinsā€ in Japaneseā€¦I searched it up on Google Translate, so it might be a bit off.

tbh all recolors are bad, but hey, people are liking it

I like the sprite and the stats are very balanced. But the name, I feel like it would be abbreviated to Futa which if you donā€™t know what that is donā€™t google it. Granted there is already an item in the game called the ASS so it probably doesnā€™t matter too much.

Does it have pierce??

I think itā€™s already balanced enough. To have it pierce would tilt that.

Great sprite, good idea, and nice name. My complaints are that the heck is a sukarodo and itā€™s slightly overpowered.

Alright, Iā€™ll try to keep this as short and concise as possible, so please donā€™t mind if Iā€™m a bitā€¦ blunt.

First of all, this is WAY too powerful. It does more damage that the T13 katana, in addition to the fact that shots pierce armor. The 70% fire rate is not at all close enough to make it well balanced. And on top of all that, thereā€™s an added bonus of 6 DEF and 3 WIS. I know youā€™re trying to make the item appealing, but if it is so overpowered, then it is simply a game-breaking weapon. Just keep in mind, every item needs its own niche. Donā€™t let it spill all over the place.

As for the sprite, all I can say is that it is so-so. The colors seem a bit blunt, and they could be placed a tad bit better.

One more thing (and I may seem a bit nitpicky now), but you simply cannot name something that sounds relatively Japanese and expect it to be the perfect ninja item. See, even the actual game of ROTMG names things accurately. Take, for example, the Kage Kami, which translates roughly to shadow god. ā€œFutagoā€ literally means ā€œtwins.ā€ I donā€™t think that is what you are trying to convey with this weapon. As for Sukarodo in Japanese, it simply does not exist!

Again, take what Iā€™m saying with a grain of salt, as I am trying to condense all my thoughts in to this comments. Yes, there are some sore points, but if balancing, spriting, and naming is enhanced, then this could be a potentially working item.

As of now, Iā€™d say this is around 6/10 perhaps.

The dscription talks of two blades, day and night, side by side. I think thats what he was getting at.

Ah, I see that part now. Thanks for pointing it out! Unfortunately still, the meaning of ā€œSukarodoā€ still seems very, for lack of a better term, vague.

It does more dps then t13 but does not have peirce.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.