New Knight Shield Idea: Guard of the Bone Colossus Overlord

Guard of the Bone Colossus Overlord

Placeholder Sprite by GammaGamer

This extremely heavy shield, used by the Bone Colossus Overlord himself, is said to weight too much for a human. Only him could use it without having to rest inbetween each usage. Although hard to handle, it is said that those who take a blow from this shield are left with so little strength that they cannot even pick up a sword.

Stats:

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 250
Width/Shots: 1
Damage: 10000-12000 (11000)
Projectile Speed: 12
Range: 2.5
Effect: Stun for 0.5 1 seconds, Weak for 10 seconds
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Stat Bonuses: +20 DEF, -10 SPD +16 DEF, -8 SPD
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 1400 1250

Note: Cannot deal more than 20% of the Boss’ HP. (This only affects Bosses/ Quest Enemies)

Loot Bag: image

Drops From:

• Bone Colossus Overlord (new realm boss) (1/1200 1/400 chance to drop from it)

More info

Originally, I intended to make a poison event white which caused Weak on enemies but after pondering some time, it just wouldn’t make sense for an assassin to use such a thing since he can just throw it from far away and doesn’t have to risk being in danger for it. Weakness is a powerful status effect and that’s probably why we’ve never seen it in the game (i know, Server Heart, that doesn’t count). To me, it made much more sense for a Knight to have it since they actually have to get close and put themselves in danger for 10 seconds of Weak on the enemy, that’s powerful. Not to mention that by using this shield you can’t use your ability again for 30 seconds, that’s a long time. So you have to decide if you want to weaken the enemy for your and your teammates’ safety, while sacrificing being able to Stun for a long time. The Knight is a crucial asset on any team because of their ability to stun, armor break, etc. so sacrificing 30 seconds of time being unable to do anything is really situational (i.e if you’re in a group with many other knights that can stun for you so you weaken the enemy for the whole group’s survivability). It offers a +20 DEF boost since you have to get very close (closer than any shield currently in the game) and on top of that you have a -10 SPD debuff, so being able to tank any incoming shots is crucial. The projectile speed is slower than a normal shield and you also only have 1 shot instead of the normal 5 shots from a T6 shield so you gotta aim carefully and make it worth or you will have to wait 30 seconds for the next one. It stuns the enemy for 0.5 seconds so you have a little bit of time to back out before it fires at you. I’m still undecisive about whether it should be 1 second of stun or 0.5 seconds of stun since the latter can sometimes not be enough, especially for someone with -10 SPD. The reason why the Damage is so high is for it to make up for the long cooldown.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.

That’s a long-ass name.

But since I’m decent at spriting, here you go:

boneshield

As for the stats, I’m not really sure, since it’s not really my specialty. I do, however, have a few suggestions:

• Maybe lower the FP a bit?

• 1/1200 is way too rare

• +20 DEF isn’t necessary, as the Knight already has a lot of DEF

Perhaps change the stats to:

+16 DEF, -8 SPD

Thank you for the sprite. (although it kind of looks like a ribcage rather than a shield, but i appreciate!)

As for the rest:

• Will lower FP to 1250

• The point of the shield is to be extremely rare since Weak can be a powerful asset, although i’d appreciate if you could provide me the rarity of other event whites to reconsider it.

• Indeed the knight has a lot of def but there’s the Shield of flowing clarity that provides +17 DEF and no debuffs, due to not stunning. But considering that this one inflicts stun, even if for a short amount, I’ll lower it to +16 as you said and will change the speed debuff to -8. Will also change the Stun time from 0.5 to 1 second. Thanks

I do not believe all of these numbers are true, but I think I’ve read somewhere…

Doom Bow - 1/50

Crystal Wand - 1/80

Helm of the Juggernaut - 1/200 to 1/800 (huge gap, i know)

I’ve heard that the Doom bow is 1/100 and it’s not an event white.

Thank you for the others. Will change it to 1/400.

but why

why tho

what

It is explained in the “more info” section

there is no amount of cooldown or mp that can make doing 10k damage in one shot balanced

Well he does not think the same as you

it’s not a matter of opinion, it’s just straight up a fact

That is why you get a 30 second cooldown.
Someone with a decent pet and a colo shield can output more than 16k damage in 30 seconds so i’d say it’s pretty balanced. If you are talking about monsters with less health, well, consider them 1 shot on sight (You’ll still have to wait to use it again tho).

refer to what i said before

I have no idea what you mean by “balanced”. Every LH white is not balanced for you, Library whites, aren’t balanced, what exactly is balanced? I seriously don’t get it.

way to show that you took nothing out of the short discussion despite saying i was the one ignoring things, omegalul

You are the one failing to provide information. You say that something is wrong but do not specify it. “Yeah it’s unbalanced”. I just explained to you why the Damage is what it is and you still ignore it.

I covered all the points you touched in the message, not like theres much to say but oh well.
If you think its unbalanced then look at the Quiver of the Shadows which deals 1/4 of this damage and costs 80 mana to cast (and has no cooldown).

Now please stop haunting me just because i didn’t agree with your opinion on the Waki thing.

2250 x 4 = 9000
80 x 4 = 320

70 more mp over 4 uses, and it’s still 1k away from your minimum damage

not to mention, quiver of the shadows forfeits any status effect in favor of raw damage, and is for a class that is far more squishy than knight which makes using it extremely risky, while your shield is not only easy to aim, but has absurdly fucking high damage, grants weak - a status effect that only exists for a joke item - for 10 whole seconds, and it’s for a class that naturally goes deep

a 30 second cooldown on this item will not change the fact that the stats are so blatantly overpowered while also being nearly unusable that it looks like someone typed the number 0 more times than they were supposed to

and, no, this isn’t about the waki. it’s clear that the way you see things is so far out of the realm of reality that it doesn’t matter what you said there, because none of it really comes together to form something coherent enough to be an argument in the first place

The main point I would give for 10,000 damage in one shot to be over powered is the fact it can one shot dungeon bosses before they can progress through their phases. That’s Limon, Septavius, and half of the Cemetery bosses, to name a few.

I would suggest that you forgo the overwhelming damage in favor of something that is still devastating. For example, I’d say that 2,500 is the highest you should go. You can then balance the MP cost and cool down (if any) around that number without it having the ability to one shot bosses.

Now you’re providing me with information! I appreciate and will take it into account although i have an idea of something that could potentially solve this situation. I will be back in ~15 hours (It’s super late here). I’ve also taken your thoughts into consideration IExisted.