New Lost Halls Potions

So with the shakeup of Lost Halls loot tables, I figure its time to find a nice middle ground to both fix the economy AND make the Lost Halls worth it.

image image image image image image image

Essence Potions
Each potion is imbued with the soul of a fallen Cultist Member. Consuming the potion will grant +5 Mana aswell as one other stat depending on the potion. You can get multiple potions when defeating Malus.

These should be soulbound, but in the case that they shouldn’t, the +5 Mana no longer becomes a guarentee, but a 25% chance upon use. This way, they can’t be sold as Mana potions, but also value more than what stat they raise.

Magic Marble Dust
A sack of shavings from the powerful Lodestone, able to strengthen the user in mysterious ways. Using this will grant the user +5 Life, aswell as another stat at random (each having an equal chance). If the user already has a stat maxed, that stat will not be chosen. If the user is 7/8 (discluding life), they cannot use the potion. The Marble Colossus can drop one per person guarenteed.

These should be soulbounded, but in the case that they shouldn’t, the +5 Life no longer becomes a guarentee, but a 25% chance upon use. This way, they can’t be sold as Life potions, and their value is unknown due to its random nature (most likely as a mana potion, as that seems to be the best way to max mana if already 6/8).

Void Vial
A deep breath of the vial’s contents give you immense power. Using this will grant the user +1 in every stat, and +5 in Life/Mana. If the user has a stat maxed and uses this, the other stats will be boosted, but informs the player that the maxed stats remained unaffected.

This will have to be soulbound, as such a potion is quite powerful. But in the case it shouldn’t be soulbound, the chance of Life/Mana becomes 10% independent of each other instead of guarenteed.

Does that mean +5 life and mana?

Technically +1 in Life/Mana is +5, depending on how you read the max stat (either the number of potions to max or the actual number). I’m inconsistent in my post yes but I hope no one thinks of these as an easy 5 life potions

I like this because it would fix the stupid influx of life pots in the market, but the downside is it might end up stifling the mana market even more (mana pots are stupid rare atm). On top of that, I always feel kinda underwhelmed when completing any LH, whether in a small group or a full raid, as its commonly just the same old pots as usual that I could get from literally anywhere else. Like yeah, there’s a chance for rare loot, but one of the biggest problems I’ve had with realm is the sheer lack of any consistent, special loot save for potions. Like don’t get me wrong, I love pots as much as the next guy, but like, would it kill them to give us consistent equipment drops? White bags should remain rare, but the new tops are about as rare as white bags in their own right (at least nowadays). I’ve ran ~20 voids and I’ve only gotten one equipment drop, and the rest have been pots.

Rant aside, I like the pot ideas, at least add some spice to an otherwise boring loot table 99% of the time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.