New melee armor idea: Armor of subcutaneous metallization

Armor of subcutaneous metallisation

pixil-frame-0%20(1) i’m not a good spriter

This strange piece of armor adjusts itself based on the wearer’s natural ability to resist incoming damage, and improves it when needed.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +15 def, -3 spd
  • Special properties: When under 350 hp, decreases all incoming damage by 50% of your vitality stat (even damage that pierces armor)
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1100

Version 2:

The same sprite

This strange piece of armor adjusts itself based on the wearer’s natural ability to resist incoming damage, and improves it when needed.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +20 def, -5 spd
  • Special properties: When under 350 hp, decreases all incoming damage by 75% of your vitality stat (even damage that pierces armor), But also reduces speed by 15.
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1100

Huh??

Where would this drop from? Would it be a white bag?

I thought it was kinda obvious with any UT item idea on this forum, but yeah, it’s a whitebag. I didn’t think of a dungeon to go along with it tho, so i didn’t list where it drops from.

Sorry it is just that some UT items are not white bag. Considering how the armor is I would probably say it fits more in line with the mad lab. Idk
Also I wouldn’t do -3 spd because the class that would benefit from this the most is knight because of their really high vit stat and the knight has a pretty low spd stat already. These are just some ideas though. But this is a really interesting concept. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also just thought of this. The knight would be the least affected by the 15 def because they have high def.

i was thinking about making it negate more damage, but reduce speed drastically, like the metal under your skin limits your movement.

Oh, I didn’t think about that. XD But yeah that makes sense. Plus it is a trade off. Reduced damage for reduced spd.

@LALALALr *Armor of subcutaneous metalliZation

Sorry man i dont speak OPPRESSION

Usa ftw lelxd

oshit, fixed

First off, a quick question about how it functions. Does the damage reduction apply before of after defense. I think that right now, we’ll find that the damage reduction should be applied before defense as a maxed def knight with colo, version 1 of armor, and a ring of decades has 67 def. Not additional vit buffs put his vit at 75 so halve that to get 37 or 38. If the armor is applied after defence, that means that you can absolutely tank anything that does 104 or less damage so that’s clearly broken. If you have version 2, it’s going to stop mattering that there’s a speed reduction because you will be able to tank any shot that does under 128 damage (though I do guess 20 speed is a lot).

However, on the other hand, I feel like #1, leaving out poor paladin and samourai by creating an armor that is only really nice toward warrior and knight while #2, warrior and knight are the two classes that really don’t need the armor. Knight already has more than enough defense and can’t really take a speed reduction while warrior without juggernaut probably would prefer a normal defense armor while warrior with juggernaut no longer has the need for more damage reduction and also probably would not want to sacrifice the speed.

Overall, I like the idea even though it leaves out poor pally and samourai who have the least overall defense of the group and would actually probably be willing to sacrifice some of their speed for more defense but if you really want a vit mod, I suggest offering a heal (which isn’t unique, I know) or a damage buff instead of a defensive buff. ALSO, you should probably stay away from trying to reduce speed of already slow characters and definitely stay away from an automatic ability that slows because that can end up killing people. After all, there is a decent amount of slowed+shotgun chase and if you reduce you own speed while he’s shotgun chasing you, good luck to you

Rip my eyes, 3 giant blocks of text

I know that not everyone is willing to read it but I like to go more in depth into my descriptions in ideas because I truly want people to make cool items that I would like to see being implemented

This armor was meant to be really not that great, until you have very low health and then it becomes really good
ofc the vit-based damage reduction would go before def, i didn’t think about that when i made this

The problem is that the few classes that need more defence (or something very close to the equivalent of defence) have low vitality and therefore cannot benefit from the added defense which is why I believe that it should give some other form of buff rather then defense, maybe even an increased speed which would allow for people to back off or double healing from everything that gives healing.

nah im a nearsighted nerd so im obligated to read it all because of my nerdy compulsions. my nearsightedness is the problem, not your formatting

This is a really interesting concept. Like said before, Knights could really benefit from this though I’m kinda sour since Knight already has so many armors dedicated for him…Like, where are the Paladins in this?

Of course, with new updates and Alien Gear, this is definitely a possibility!

Perhaps it might not be AS good for the FP to be 1100 (just a thought), but it hardly matters. :smile:

Getting to sprite:

The current sprite is sort of small (might want to scale it up a bit), but I can see you put in some slight shading, which is cool.

I’m personally fine with the color choices, but as always, it’s nice to have a unique shape for armor.

Something like this:

New%20Piskel

Not the best, but I hope it’s something! :heart:

Edit: MIGHT wanna change the name? Too long IMO…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.