NEW MODE OUT - RIFTS: Season 1 "Fall of the Forgotten"! [aka challanger mode] Free stuff and grand prizes!

x-post from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/d9y2ve/new_mode_out_rifts_season_1_fall_of_the_forgotten/

Challenger Questions

In-game screen:

And here’s an EXP-to-fame conversion for the changed values, taking 2000 EXP/fame as base:

It does not work with Kong accounts. It lets you create a char but you can’t get from the char select screen into the game. If you try it puts up a dialog asking for e-mail and password, but I don’t have any: Kong logs into ROTMG with private login tokens.

It feels like another testing session would have suited this well

Additionally, make sure to turn off your Star Filter, or no one’ll bee able to read what you’re typing!
Weird that they haven’t found a fix for that yet…it’s probably more complicated than we think, or not enough people have brought attention to it yet.

tmw you keep getting pet food but haven’t gotten a Heal pet yet

ok…

It feels like this is the testing session. Carefully released just before the weekend, so they can let it run uninterrupted by disruptions such as fixes to their broken code. The advantage of running it in short “seasons”, if one is badly broken they can do it again a few days later, with fixes put in. No need to bother with stressful live fixes.

I’d assume that they’d at least think about kong users. I guess not.

“fall of the forgotten” after they DMCA “blank blank the Fallen” ?

that seems like a very odd coincidence :eyes:

I have a feeling Deca’s not gonna make much money off this game mode. Character slots / vaults will only be purchased by real whales since you’re building one character and no items transfer cross seasons. I didn’t see many keys getting popped; can’t comment about pet related things. imo they should let you pay to have more than 5 lives, since all the people on the leaderboards aren’t gonna use them anyways, totally not saying this cuz i died with them all…

I am curious about how the end of each session of challenger mode will work, as far as our characters go. I get the impression (and I hope this is correct) that everything resets every season (including pets) except for unlocked character slots and vault chests. If that is the case, what happens to our alive characters? Do they just “die” and give the total fame they would have earned to our original/main account? Is fame shared between challenger mode and original mode? Do they just evaporate and not give any fame? I don’t know if we have the answers to these, yet, but I want to make sure I make the most of this awesome game mode!

Is it intentional that pet abilites are still determined by the pet skin on challenger?

Serious feedback: This current system encourages afking for events and oryx instead of actually playing the game. A 0/8 with t0 gear can be the winner if they go to every event and oryx, which involves pressing a teleport button and following the paths of clearers in oryx’s castle respectively. I think this is somewhat unhealthy.

Definitely DECA should prioritize maxing stats over fame in terms of measuring leaderboard rankings, and maybe even put the fame bonus of gears in the equation also.

How he have murky?

^^^

image : image

image & image : image

Note that these are added drops, they do not replace any whites that the related boss drops (for the first four, their only notable drops are those listed here, since STs are not in the current season).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.