New oryx bug [portal in closed realm sends players to nexus]

Recently the new patch X.31.4.0 came out.
I was doing a lot of oryx.
Onto the bug - when I am in the dungeon and then it says that the realm closes and we leave through the portal to the realm. It doesn’t put us in the closed realm, IT PUTS US IN THE NEXUS!
This happened to me 3 times in a row. Please fix this bug.

Sorry for bad english. It’s my second language.

This has been a bug for a while, it has been happening ever since they introduced variable number of realms based on how busy the server is.

What you describe happens when the server wants to reduce the number of realms.

Example:
EUE server has 4 portals, lets say,: Medusa, Beholder, Sprite, Imp.
EUE Beholder closes.
The server does some calculations (no idea how) and decides that Beholder is not going to reopen because there aren’t enough players to get 4 realms.
So the EUE nexus will remain at Medusa, Sprite, Imp.

Now anyone in a dungeon in closed-Beholder, when they go into an exit portal will go to the nexus instead of returning to the closed realm.

Edit: earlier topic about this bug: Closed Realm Dungeon Leave Nexus

Edit2: this could have got worse because in this update they said they made some changes to how the game assigns names to the realms, so maybe something else got broken.

I haven’t seen it happen for myself today, but I know EUE was on 4 realms earlier today, (and I remember your name from being on EUE) so guessing it could be this.
It has been happening a bit recently on EUW too, when the server decreases from 4 realms.

Or EUE could be a special case/there could be something else going on, I did see what looked like about 20 bots on EUE trying to connect and reconnect earlier on there today, flashing appearing/disappearing in the nexus spawn. Maybe they were screwing with the server’s player count/busy algorithms and you suffered the side-effects.

Just to clarify, @PikstPikst, are you trying to exit the dungeon after the realm has closed but before everyone has been sent to Oryx, or are you trying to exit the dungeon after everyone has been sent to Oryx?

Edit: Based on what @Nevov said in his edits above, this might in fact be an anti-bot fix. (Looking at his IP, the OP is likely using EUE, so he would be particularly impacted by this.)

In USNW a bit ago, I closed a realm, jumped into an Abby and never got the message stating “My minions have failed me”. When I finished the Abby I was taken to a fresh realm but thought I might have finished the Abby in time for the shake, but that was not the case. Maybe just a one off bug, but I went back into my chat and double checked and there was not such notice.

Edit: I was just in an Abby, realm closed and I got the “My minions have failed me” notice. How odd.

Also, I cannot seem to trade in realms right now, everything is just grayed out for both players, any one have this issue? And no the realm was not closed at this time as there was still a few ents left. (Sorry it is a little off topic).

I remember a bug like this happening before on my server (years ago). With a realm seemingly locked into thinking it was permanently in the closed state and not allowing trading. Sounds like more things pointing to the realmnames change in the latest patch not going quite as expected.

I actually never encountered this bug,in the past years I’ve been playing. Seems like they may have made it worse with all of these potential names…

I actually encountered a similar bug when I closed the realm and was the only one inside. I saw a snake pit and thought “eh, lemme do it before I go to Oryx”. Finished it without the msg and when I went out, it was a fresh realm.

My guess is that if the game sees no one in a realm, it just refreshes it without notice, cuz there isn’t a point transferring players to Oryx if there are no players. That’s just a stab in the dark.

I thought that was normal…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.