New Paladin ST Set

Overview

This ST should completely replace the old ST set, as the old one isn’t really good (the sword is, and I know it’ll be controversial).

Also quick note: Effects do not stack. If 2 pieces equipped give +10 HP and 3 pieces give +20 HP, it doesn’t equal 30 HP, it equals 20 HP.

Reaper’s Scythe
Once belonging to Death, countless souls have been harvested with this weapon.

Tier: ST
Shots: 1
Damage: 185-245 (average: 215)
Projectile Speed: 13 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.33
Effect: When equipping 2 or more pieces of the set, the wearer gains the effects:
2 pieces: Enemies are slowed by 10%,
3 pieces: Enemies are slowed by 15%, and their defense is lowered by 5%
4 pieces: Enemies are slowed by 20%, and their defense is lowered by 10%, damage range is buffed to 215-275 (average: 245).
Max Range: 4.29 tiles
Stat Bonus: -35 MP
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 650
Soulbound: Soulbound
Loot Bag:
Obtained From: N/A

Flaming Seal
Encased in eternal flames, most of this seal’s power is sealed away.

MP Cost: 125
Effect: From the player, a bright red AoE will burst outwards. When equipping 2 or more pieces of the set,
the wearer gains the effects:
2 pieces: 1+ tile range (5 tiles total), 50+ damage (110 total)
3 pieces: 2+ tile range (6 tiles total), 100+ damage (160 total)
4 pieces: 3+ tile range (7 tiles total), 175+ damage (235 total), Cursed for 4 seconds
This seal does not buff players with any (de)buffs.
Damage: 60
Armor Piercing
Range: 4 tiles
Stat Bonus: -25 MP, -4 WIS
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 950
Loot Bag:
Drops From: N/A

Skeletal Shell
This sturdy piece of chainmail have ribs attached, softening the blows from monsters and
defending its wearer.

On Equip: -6 VIT, +19 DEF, +35 HP, -3 WIS
Effect: When equipping 2 or more pieces of the set, the wearer gains the effects:
2 pieces: Under 50 HP, an AoE is released from the player, dealing 100 armor piercing damage.
Cooldown: 60 seconds. +2 DEF (21 total). -15 MP.
3 pieces: Under 100 HP, an AoE is released from the player, dealing 125 armor piercing damage.
Cooldown: 30 seconds. +3 DEF (22 total). -30 MP.
4 pieces: Under 200 HP, an AoE is released from the player, dealing 150 armor piercing damage.
Cooldown: 15 seconds. +4 DEF (23 total). -45 MP. 5% to change the AoE into an AoE
that stuns enemies for 5.5 seconds. This AoE does no damage, and has a radius of 4.33
tiles.
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 870
Loot Bag:

Obsidian Necklace
A necklace made from obsidian beads, with a sealed locket made from
molten lava.
2 pieces: +20 HP, -6 VIT, +2 ATT, +2 DEX, -3 WIS
3 pieces: +40 HP, -3 VIT, +3 ATT, +3 DEX, -4 WIS
4 pieces: +60 HP, +3 ATT, +3 DEX, -5 WIS, +6 SPD
On Equip: N/A
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 920
Loot Bag:
The main drawback of this set is that it nerfs the paladin’s mana and wisdom stats, hindering the use of his seal. The seal also doesn’t give any positive effects to players, so that’s also a downside.
When all pieces are equipped, the players’ sprite changes to a roughly 16x16 sprite.
(Old Design)

2 (New Design)

I couldn’t get this one to be 16x16, so it’s probably bigger. I’m sorry, ok? :frowning:
To anyone who is wondering how much all the MP loss together is, it’s: 252 - 105 = 147. So you will only be able to use the seal once, before you run out of MP. The added loss of WIS is: 75 - 17 = 58. Both of these are assuming you have maxed MP and WIS.

Edit: Moved the content from the google doc into the post.

Sprites are ok but could use improvement, I didn’t look at the stats but Death doesn’t really fit the theme of a goody two shoes holy Paladin. Also Death is already a Ninja skin

Why does it matter if it’s a skin?

cuz ppl might get confused, and they might think you’re plagarizing deca or something

…how is that plagiarizing?

That’s like saying deca copied this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death.

Edit: Also, I said that this is a Paladin set multiple times. You’d have to be brain dead in order to think that it’s for the ninja.

yea i know (no need to get offensive here) but all im saying is that death doesn’t really match the paladin theme

I get that, but why does it matter whether or not it fits with the theme?

You aren’t a paladin when you wear this set, you’re Death.

I agree with @YesButNo.
Although it looks cool, I don’t think a reaper would fit it. C’mon paladins are supposed to be the good guys, not some due who goes around taking people’s lives.

I think it would fit something like sorcerer.

i dont think reapers have armor, and the scythe handle is a tad too thick

yea, but the other sets fit the theme. Twilight archmage is a wizard, paladins are swoll (buff), the akuma slayer thing is straight from japanese videogames, and oryx is a knight.

A fairy and a paladin aren’t exactly alike.

shit

The paladin has a Demon skin. So why not a reworked ST set?

fairies.zeluna.net/2011/11/what-are-fairies.html
lol
It is all about interpretation. Most of us interpret fairies and paladins as good, whereas death is bad.
plus its ‘Swoll Paladin’, and there is no fairies involved. Swoll means buff.

Have you actually seen what the swoll paladin set actually looks like?

lol?

That has nothing to do with what I just said.

also there’s a funny contrast of a pink paladin with fairy wings, a tutu, and a tiara. Death doesn’t have that sort of vibe. and death isn’t closely correlated with demons either btw

The fairy set doesn’t exactly fit the Paladin either, does it?

it’s a funny contrast. also fairies are good, like paladins, like neonhex said. Making a paladin the harbringer of demise isn’t a funny contrast

It’s only good in some parts of the world.
shit
“plant the seeds of sorrow” isn’t really good.

I would, however, wouldn’t like to hear if it fits the theme of the paladin or not, but rather the actual items and statistics.

Oh rlly?
You just indirectly told me that the Swoll Paladin set has a fairy theme, and going back to what u said earlier

People interpret fairies as being good. Or at least Deca and the majority of this community does.