New Priest Event White Idea: Scroll of Magic Transfer

Scroll of Magic Transfer

(sorry i have no idea of what the sprite would look like)

A powerful scroll said to channel the magic of a powerful priest onto a legion of men. Few have laid their hands on one of these. Many wonder if it actually exists or if its only a myth.

Stats:

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 160 500
Party Heal: 0 MP if WIS <40 else WIS/2 + (Wis^2)/42 MP
Range: 7 - WIS/20 sqrs if WIS <120 and >0
if WIS <=0 then 7 sqrs
if WIS >=120 then 1 sqr
Effect on self: -20 WIS for 4 seconds, -160 MP for 4 seconds (both of these debuffs are not affected by increments, meaning they substract the whole amount upon every use) Quiet for 4 seconds, Healing for 4 seconds, Damaging & Berserk for 2 seconds
Party Effect: Mana Healing for 3 seconds
Stat Bonuses: +7 WIS, +2 ATK, +2 DEX
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 1300

Note: Tome of Purification and Book of Geb can’t heal the quiet caused by this tome.

Loot Bag: image

Drops From:

• A new event boss (haven’t thought of it yet) (1/1000 chance to drop from it)

More info

If you think this item seems like an item too strong to be in the game, keep in mind the following:
1: It doesn’t heal any HP nor does it offer any Healing buff besides to oneself.
2: It’s rarity would make it hard to gather a lot of priests together for them to buff each other. And even then, the MP decreasing by 160 MP after each use would make it obsolete for priests using this item to try and heal mana between themselves.
3: Given that this item temporarily consumes 160 MP and 20 WIS, the MP heals get weaker and weaker (the range gets bigger and bigger) and the max MP drops, making one unable to use it due to not having enough of it at some point.
4: The radius of a strong MP heal is tiny. As it gets stronger, the radius diminishes making 120+ WIS, MP heals only have 1 square of radius.
5: The debuffs last 4 seconds each, so even if a priest wanted to use the strongest heal, he would have to wait 4 seconds, making it a kind of “optional cooldown”.
6: Using this item with less than 40 WIS will grant to MP heal and will only give the mana healing boost.
With all this in mind, constructive criticism is welcomed.

A lvl 100 mheal pet will give you 45 mana a second. Assuming you wait 4 seconds between each use for this, 78 wis would be the first point at which you exceed the power of a lvl 100 mheal pet for those within range of the tome, which is easily reachable with just this tome and no other wis boosting items. In fact, it could be better to not have any wis boosting items besides this as a range of 3 is already getting quite small, but is good enough for most groups, especially halls groups. Overall the ability to have an additional level 100 mheal AoE affect for a group seems absolutely absurd. People are already talking about how pets break the game and this would just do the exact same thing, except it’s now an ability that benefits an entire group. You can say that it would be rare, but halls groups already have multiple ogmurs/puris and other extremely rare things so I don’t see why this would end up any different, so it might not just be 1 lvl 100 AoE mheal, but 2 or 3. If you also had a single additional priest with just a t5 tome, and even if they had less than 30 wis so no wis mod, using this tome at 78 wis would provide them with enough mp to heal for what would average to 114.375 hp/sec, which is 27% more than a lvl 100 heal pet, for a group. This only having an mp cost of 160 means that a single priest, who wouldn’t even need a lvl 100 pet because this tome would do it for them, they wouldn’t need any mheal whatsoever, could essentially provide a group with lvl 100 mheal, which would give a priest with no mheal pet enough mheal anyways to provide more hp to the group than if everyone else had a lvl 100 heal pet themselves. At the simplest, this turns a priest with 4 wis to max and this tome + any other priest with a t5 tome into a level 100 mheal and level 100 heal pet for the entire group. Add more of either and it just scales up to absurd levels that would make even pets relatively useless compared to even just two or three of these tomes together. I suppose needing to be 4 wis to max with absolutely no other wis boosting gear to use this in the exact way I described could make it not as op as I describe it, but really even if they had like 88 wis from this tome + max wis + gsorc it would only reduce the range to about 2.5 squares, significantly smaller but still usable, and you could just stay at 82 and still have nearly that 3 range anyways with a soulless, robe of the twilight or toga picta, rare ST robes, but if someone is going to be using an event white I don’t see why having those in their set would be unreasonable, especially as two are tradeable.

Outside of halls I doubt this would ever be used, but as the end game is already dominated by highly coordinated discord runs and this tome would provide insane benefits to those types of runs specifically and be significantly less useful to unorganized runs I can only see it pushing the end game towards stay in a tight group and tank everything because dying doesn’t exist anymore even more than it already is.

Constructive criticism: Scrap the -wis and -mp, 4 seconds quiet on use, possibly longer.

Also, ((WIS/13)*WIS)/4 = (Wis^2)/42

EDIT: Actually, I realized that what I said earlier was underrepresenting just how strong this idea could be. Two of these tomes + puri = infinite mp and infinite puri uses. There needs to be a debuff that cannot be purified to prevent that synergy from destroying all balance and making 2 of these tomes + any number of puri essentially do to pets what pets did to vit and wis.

Thank you so much for this. I just realized how broken of an item this would be if it existed. The reason i chose -20 Wis was so that upon every use your wis would drop, meaning more range and less MP heal after each use. I totally forgot that debuffs like these could be cured by an item like Puri/Book of Geb. Not to mention that i didnt give a Cooldown because i thought the -160 MP and -20 WIS system was good and totally forgot that you could just swap to another tome and debuff yourself. The -160 MP after each use was supposed to disable further MP healing to not make it possible to infinitely regen your own mana and use it again and the -20 wis to weaken the effect.

This made me chuckle.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.