New Quest System is finally here! [X.32.2.0]

%-post from Reddit:

Trivial Issues Thread
The White Bag Thread v2
Trivial Issues Thread
Some ideas on the game
New Quest System? UT Exchange System? What is Mad Pass? Find out! [Production letter & Patch Notes X.32.1.2]

@Shatter Would you do the honor of moving this into #news:developers-corner? ;3

When it says more pots from dungeon, anyone know what that could mean?
:arrow_down:

Also, no mark bags.

I think it is that the pots drop rates for the ones that drop in the dungeon are greater than the other pots

what

Also yay more marks and you need more of them for the quests and you still cant stack them

OwO I dropped double treasures from one coffin on a troom once, still keep them
ofc I wont give up my babies just wanted to flex

Reckon this is a typo of Cultish Epic Chest? Or some in-joke reference that went over my head?

Yeah, it is. It’s known as the Cultish Epic Quest, but Dytto was probably a little hasty >3<

3:1 for turning potions into greater potions at the mere cost for convenience?

fuck it
mule time

It’s a good move IMO to bring marks into all the regular dungeons, for consistency’s sake, and get new players used to what they are. And pbag does make sense, thinking about it, for mark.

I think it’s saying that the top tier of chests has some guaranteed pot loot, and then bonus pot chance beyond that, out of the possibilities that the dungeon can drop.

Many quests have reduced their requirements (ie. Manor 5->4, Cem 6->4, Lab 6->4, Lib 6->5, Mountains mix 8->7 from the old Standard tier; & Para 6->4, OT 5->4 from the old Epic tier), though it’s not all one way, (Mwoods 4->5).

Exterminate quest is a bit egregious to remain, perhaps, in the new Mighty tier as it requires a Nest mark but does not offer Nest loot?

I very much like the Clean Laundry quest, that’s a nice little QoL for F2P.

Bear in mind the ‘loss’ does make remaxing easier, since you can stroll around the gift chests drinking em rather than go through mule palaver to bring them across, drop them and drink them. But yeah, something more like 8:3 might’ve been better? As it’ll be annoying to do one quest repeatedly with a full inv. Ah we’ll see.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that it is awesome

The Killer Queen

Killer Queen, daisan no bakudan, bites za dusto

Sorry i had to do it

Hey no one has mentioned it yet, but the one of each beginner quest gives a tcave key, and in turn only one tcave mark is required to fill its respective mighty quest, and tcaves are not hard

they might have factored in the difficulty in finding the dungeon

I think that @Nameness meant that it all someone has to do to run a tcave (and get the subsequent mighty chest) is complete the Beginner-Level Run the Table quest, which is laughably easy for the majority of players.

From recalling times finding that elusive Spider Den and Pirate Cave for Tunnel Rat, and The Hive farming for the ĂŒberpoáș…erful Honey Sceptre, I’d caution against writing off ‘Run the Table’ as being a total walk in the park to complete :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Many of the Mighty tier are dungeons where it’s only “leech at the portal, piñata the boss”, so they’re hardly any effort either :slight_smile:. Maybe they balance each other out in that way.

@TNSN (below post) see last line of the OP, yes it’s at next quest reset in 4hrs.

Is this not out yet? Is this coming out at reset?

Interesting that LH tops (aka T13, T14, I guess you could throw the T6 rings into the category as well) are not in the loot tables for any of them (unless they were counted under the “UTs” section).

Also why remove treasures and tarot cards, I don’t know. The trade-ins for such a collection of rare items seems incredibly underwhelming (it’d be underwhelming even if these quests were permanent and treasures and tarot cards could continue to drop!).
In fact, I’d say it’s just wasted potential all around. Could have kept treasures and tarot cards in the game and actually make turning them in reward you with something interesting, they clearly are able to do it since they offered tinkerer quests. It wouldn’t hurt, and would make for more interesting loot.

Some great QoL quests added, which is nice.

I’m hoping that the quest chests are now generally a lot more worth the time spent to do them, especially given a lot of the mark requirements haven’t changed. Then there are some really
 strange ones like the regular quest chest that requires 2 Daichi marks. All I’m saying is, if I have to do TWO mountain temples in one day to not be guaranteed any pots or potentially get mountain temple loot from the chest (since I assume MTs are not in standard dungeon category, and standard chest only gives “Fair chance at six main potions”, not guaranteed
), it better be impressive.

They are included in Epic chests bar Shatts, iirc. As in, Shatts, doesn’t have the LH tops, but ofc it does have the T6 rings.

It did go live on today’s quests btw, below is how it looks with all the daily quests: