New Quest System? UT Exchange System? What is Mad Pass? Find out! [Production letter & Patch Notes X.32.1.2]

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/dsiamn/new_quest_system_ut_exchange_system_what_is_mad/

@shatter please mov to #news:developers-corner

Patch Notes X.32.1.0 - Curse of the Calabaza

Other mods : am i a joke to you ?!

*other mods* not here for months

battle pass pls no

All the rewards except fame are already available for gold and fame is completly broken and meaningless

so I commented about everything and its big so open at your own risk

Hype

OwO

Seems good to me

Sounds good

Hype

I’m not sure about this but it seems cool

K great

I’m not seeing any LudwiGa in there…

Cool

Interesting new take on STs. I think that they have definitely put thought into this upcoming system - now to hope that the drop rates will indeed be increased >w<

Too bad I didn’t get to finish the bone sigil quest, but c’est la vie.

Events look pretty standard, but I’m spying some goooood rewards from RIFTS :eyes:

Too bad I’ll probs still hate on Shaitan for using boring standard projectile sprites. Replace those already…

STs are the new UTs tbh

What would be really cool is to turn all currently existing UTs into some kind of ST set, making the untiereds as worthy to get cool sprites with them. And finally give these the love they deserve

ill give ya 30 EPs for a jugg, thanks

I WILL GIVE YOU CONFLICT + ICE SWORD FOR OGUMR
BUYING JUGG
omg you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting…

1 jugg + 7 robe of tlatonis for 1 ogmur and 4 snake skin armors

Deca’s poor attempt to abolish RWT

Nice

How would this cause RWT?

oh thank god maybe i’ll finally be able to get a tablet

maybe you’ll get a tablet…

IN A HUNDRED YEARS

this is bullying ;-;
although knowing my luck ill get the table as soon as my wizzy dies
edit: wait no not table. i don’t want a table. i want a tablet

This is why I hate fortnite

So about the pass will it bee forever or like one week? Cause $dollars seems a bit too much for a weekly thing.

My instinct is that I am not sold on the idea of guild keys with chest upfront in events, it will be a bit kinda gross seeing an escalation of players whoring themselves out in chat “invite me to guild I will open keys” which happened a bit with the wormhole keys. And the opposite side, beggers desperate to get into a guild, spamming “plz guild” during events.

A key (pun) question is why tie the bonus chest onto a GH-only key at all. What problem is it trying to solve? To drive the events into guild halls and out of nexuses? Isn’t that going to harm key sales by being an impediment to openers, to need to get into a guild, to call everyone into the GH, before they can use them, versus current simplicity of anywhere-open keys?

I sort of like guilds being just casual/friendly things, and fear there being introduced a genuine ‘guild-wall’ that players can get left behind if not in a superhighpowered guild. I guess that will depend on whether they make truly exclusive guild content that you can only access via a guild key as to how P2W (or how “rich-friend2win”) this feature becomes.

I’m not oblivious that key openers already buy their way into guilds (or Discords) with promises of keys. So maybe it’s not so different. Hard to avoid P2W labelling though, when it literally gives free item merely for using the key and absolutely no gameplay involved. inb4 GKPE-Guild Key Player Experience.

UT exchange: sounds good, something like this is long overdue as a replacement for UT trading.
New quest chests: lower tiers definitely good to expand, endgame specific chests yeah probably good, more routes to loot is a good thing as it’s using the different items that the game should be about, not purely grind.
Rest of it: yeah not much to say. ST changes sound logical. They’re still silent on making a 16th class. :slightly_frowning_face: And Shaitan event = lol no that dungeon isn’t fun now. Best thing is it hopefully heralds a Reef event next.

Not that it will make much difference, I saw nothing but the tokens in the hundred–odd I did.

News menu graphic for this: