New Quest System? UT Exchange System? What is Mad Pass? Find out! [Production letter & Patch Notes X.32.1.2]

New players: exist
PPEs: exist
This guy: doesn’t give a crap that they do and thinks chests that are obtained from freaking Dreadstump should drop T11s

Chests drop items from the drop tables of the associated bosses. Want better loot? Just run the dungeons that drop that loot, pick up the marks and turn them in. Chests are meant to be an extra chance at loot, not things that drop disproportionately powerful items for the difficulty of obtaining them.

You mean I want chests to drop items that are actually useful and not complete garbage? OMG scandal.

The chests may be tied to droptables, but those are shite as well. The game has far outgrown the time when the tiers meant much. You could pare tiered gear down to 1-6 like abilities and nothing would change. You could cut out most of the lower tiers entirely and just have 8-13 and it wouldn’t make much difference as most content is balanced around STs, UTs, heavily potted chars, and high powered pets.

In fact, the hard truth is there are, functionally, only three tiers: Tops, old tops, and trash. There’s no point whatsoever in having ten different gradiations of trash. All it does is clutter the code. NOBODY uses it longer than it takes to get a pot drop off a god and go to nexus to buy a top or old top. You know damned well that’s true. You can’t even give away most anything less than T9 most of the time. Try dropping one in Nexus sometime and see how many people pass it right by. They don’t even want it for free! Why would it be considered a reward worth grinding for? Why even bother with the effort? It’s going to be thrown away.

Get that through your head. T4-T8 gear will be THROWN AWAY. Nobody wants it. Nobody uses it, except as I said for just long enough to get a stat pot to buy something decent with. That’s a fact whether you or Deca wants to acknowledge it or not.

Rather than ranting about how you cant get high tier loot, how about you play the game more. There’s a reason lower tiered stuff exists. It’s to help you slowly progress rather than jumping to the top almost immediately.

If running pcaves is a challenge, then the loot the chest drops will help you. If running pcaves is not a challenge, then go run dungeons that are challenging to you to get useful loot.

Exactly. Players running pcaves are in a transition phase as they increase their power by steadily improving the items at their disposal. The option of having a chest makes getting those items a little easier for the players who need them, without completely upending the leveling process.

Rather than ranting about how you cant get high tier loot

Who says I can’t? When I lose a character and I don’t have backup gear, I do exactly what I said --I hit 20 and go to godlands and farm pots to buy tops with. It’s relatively easy especially with ranged characters, you just do a lot of hit and run luring.

My point is the lower tier gear they’re putting in these chests is freaking useless trash. The devs seem to have failed to notice they’ve inflated difficulty levels beyond the point where most tiered gear is anything but garbage to be either thrown away or given away to a noob. There’s no point whatsoever in putting garbage in chests that will only get thrown away. Put something actually useful in there if you want people to actually use the gear in them.

As I said, there are functionally only three levels of tiered gear in the game: tops, old tops, and garbage. Deca needs to wake up to that fact and update chests and loot drop tables accordingly, and not insult people by giving them garbage and acting like they’re doing a favor.

The leveling process itself is rather a formality at this point. It takes what, 15 minutes to do it solo? It’s more of a minor inconvenience, a delay from the moment you lose a character to the point you can hit godlands again and do content that actually matters.

I think for all weapons except katanas the difference between t8 and t12 is <15% which is pretty marginal

“As I said”, “My point”, lots and lots of “I”.

Basically, that’s your opinion. Perma death is a thing, and if what you’re saying is that you want to be able to get straight back into the game by beating Dreadstump four times and getting a t10 sword for your warrior ppe from the chest, then clearly your issue is that you don’t like dying.

Of course these items are meant to be for noobs, that’s why they drop from the easiest dungeon in the game.

Now to actually criticize your points:

If you genuinely think farming pots from godlands is a good way to get currency, then that already devalues your point. Farming most godlands dungeons is way easier and more efficient.

That aside, this is exactly what you mentioned above; you’re taking items from people who very clearly don’t need them and most of the time no one actually sells old tops, making you one of the “noobs”.
sarcasm, in case you couldn’t tell.

This may “support” your statement but the fact is this is because most people care about themselves, which applies to you too since you assume there’s a line of people selling t11 wands in USW2 whenever you need them. This is far from the truth.

The reason these lower tier items aren’t being sold?
Why would anyone waste time picking up gear they don’t need to sell to someone for dirt cheap pots they can get in the same amount of time it takes to do one easy godlands dungeon for the same reward?

To a certain extent, you won’t find even tops sometimes. I really doubt you’ll get yourself a t6 trap whenever you need it, for example. Simply because, if someone has one, it’s probably because they’re keeping it for themselves.

Otherwise, the effort required just isn’t worth it for the average player, and they leave these items in the bag.

You should be much more thankful to those kind souls who take the effort to sell items for you after you die. Because trust me, it certainly isn’t worth it for them.

Sorry, I seem to have missed the update where Mama Megamoth shoots 125 damage shots.
Wait, I didn’t?
Why should she drop gear at the same level as the ocean trench then?

If you fail to see the point here, then arguing with you is a lost cause.

Yeah, that’s saved for the chests that actually require effort to get, believe it or not.

Opinion. It’s kind of funny, of course tops are the best tiered weapons, that’s the point of having tiers.

You’re factually incorrect though. SB damage isn’t what it used to be, any class with a decent tier weapon can pretty much get soulbound damage given the chance and get their very deserved loot. Hell, t0 poison level 1 assassins can probably get loot from oryx.

Literally tiers at this point are just a joke, I could use midlands gear on my ninja and still perform well. My sorcerer also did most content with ease, despite not having the “only desirable tiered items” that you keep insisting are required to play the game.

Again, did you actually consider asking anyone if they regret this change before presenting it as fact, not your opinion? They literally made end game chests better by dropping the UTs from that dungeon at a higher rate, and getting pots is even easier. Chests were literally buffed by including more rewards from one, and introducing more types that didn’t even exist beforehand is a benefit.

Unless you seriously considered running Spider Dens for loot equivalent to Cdepths being an actual thing, then this change doesn’t even affect you. Rather, it’s literally benefiting you if you did daily quests anyway.

I think he does have at least somewhat of a point though. The beginner chest is next to useless. I don’t know if it should be buffed but I’m not sure if it should exist at all.

Your playstyle is what makes you fail to recognize the importance of tiers.

First off, the difference between tiers is not that significant. Although an acclaim is better then a ravenheart, it really doesn’t matter that much. Rather then using those pots as trading material for gear, you can use them as they’re meant to be used, as consumables, and then just keep whatever fear you earn.

Secondly, you choose to ignore the time it takes to trade for tiered items. A couple of pots don’t just turn into decently tiered items. You have to sit around and trade for them. That time could have been instead used to farm even more pots and better gear.

Finally, you choose to assume that farming the glands for a couple of pots is easy. I’m sure that there are some people on this forum who believe that farming halls is easy. It’s not free… but that’s just like glands. There are risks but there are people here who can easily consistently complete halls. For them, mana and life is easy to obtain. That doesn’t mean that we should just drop all non tradable top tiers because those unique few have no use for them. Additionally, there are quite a couple of people on this forum which have completed t0 only ppes which have reached 8/8. Does that mean that we should simply drop all items? No… because not everything is based off the feelings of a small group. Imagine starting the game and the only choices are t0, old tops (t11/t12s), tradeable tops (t12s/t13s), STs, and soulbound items. When you start the game, you don’t get a pet. If you don’t already have the gear, you’re just screwed. You won’t be here talking about this cause you would have immediately quit. You won’t hit level 20… You won’t ever reach the glands and even if you do, you won’t be getting any good gear for a long long time.

The whole point of it is to introduce new players to the quest system early on.
Previously, chests were pretty much exclusive to people who could already do godland dungeons and above; now there’s a wider selection.

Additionally, it incentivizes exploring the related dungeons more - which hopefully means the Hive’s bullshit gets addressed, ugh.

If you find the beginner chest useless then you’re not a beginner :joy:

I have played this game since 2010, across two accounts, run hundreds upon thousands of snake pits, and received the stheno skin x times over, but one of my first desires of this game, the bulwark, remains unfulfilled. Ever since the item was introduced to the game, I have dedicated hours of my life every week whenever I was active to running snake pits. I had farmed collectively, enough potions to form Decas out of, enough marks for weeks of tinkerer quests. Yet the item that stole my heart back as a light blue star, remains but a pipe dream to me.

Having read about this Exchange System, it gives me hope.

You don’t seem to grasp the idea of basic game design, tiered loot systems, or basic game economics. Your level of misunderstandment leads to me believe that you also have very little to no experience playing video games in general, outside of FPS’s or Platformers.

I wonder if you’ll stay to your opinion in a few years. I doubt it, but if you remain to use the same IGN online, I will be happy to link you back to this post in the future.

Ok boomer

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha

heh

kek lol

lmao

Technically I’m a zoomer, at age 22.33

Gonna just throw this in here-

I just completed the potion fusion on an alt, but it did the glitch where, after clicking confirm on the exchange, the trade appeared to not go through. I tried it again, and then noticed afterward that all 6 spd pots in my character’s inventory had disappeared.

As you can see by the two greater spd pots (the atk and def ones were from previous days), I completed today’s quest twice.

Whats the glitch? Its a repeatable quest