New Ring the "Black Lotus"

Black Lotus

I love the lotus because while growing from mud, it is unstained.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • On Equip: reduces cooldown by 0.5 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +25 HP, + 25 MP
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

• Incredibly low chance to drop from any Dungeon/Event boss
  • (maybe around 1/500)

More info

There aren’t any rings with special effects since the amulet of resurrection, making them the most overlooked items of the game if you ask me. Which is a little sad since they hold a lot of potential.
The fact that it can drop from any boss might move people to enjoy farming a little more and perhaps there could even be multiple new unique Ut’s that drop like that making them ideal for a new label like Mythic (MT) or a new bag or something.

Cool idea, although I feel that 0.5 seconds would be far too short for any noticeable difference.

Also,

I would avoid first person in item descriptions.

0.5 is the highest cooldown reduction possible though and still a viable amount even if it doesn’t sound like much. It would halve the cooldown time after usage on the planewalker for example.
Higher stat bonuses should make it better i guess but i don’t want them to be the main focus of the ring.

As for the description it is a Chinese quote and therefore first person but that can easily be changed.

Issue with this effect: it makes the cooldown for most normal abilities 0 seconds.
I’m not sure if the game can handle that.

I won’t go into much more detail than that - not because I’m lazy.
…er, have a description.
Black Lotus Ring
A dark ring containing a magical lotus. It emanates an odd, calming aura around it.

it would only work for abilities with a specified cooldown and all of them last atleast 1 second longer after usage.

I see someone got some inspiration from my idear, or not. Either way, it’s really neat effect, but you should make it shorter as what @Seelpit said is true, maybe lower it by 0.2 of a second?

It could be a Percentage of the cooldown. That way if you have an item with really low coolwdown it would basically nullifiy. Also i haven’t seen your idea i would love to though.

But that would then mean abilities that weren’t meant to be perma’d could become able to.

I’m in favour of a set amount of seconds, with a hard cooldown limit of 0.5 seconds.

I love both the ideas of an incentive to farming and an effect ring. Not sure this one will work because of what @Seelpit said.

The idea of having rare Ut items drop from multiple locations might be worth its own topic tbh because the more i think about it the more i want it.
Would be also a good way of implementing unique item ideas by the community that don’t necessarily fit anywhere or would require a dungeon and a lot of extra work.

the ring description reminds a certain chinese poem we had to read for ap chinese at our school.
:thonk:

MTG

shhh

The only thing I new from MTG…was that.

Ooh, are we going to Battle Royale now?

With some changes this would be amazing, but I think this could be very easily abused on certain items.
This idea in general really needs to be reintroduced soon though, it would give the game so much more variety, I think it would work especially well on UT ability’s that way it would be much harder to abuse, and wouldn’t need to be disabled on many classes.

I’m on with the idea that a ring can do something other than just give stas… I wonder what the sprite will be.

It`s dangerous to create alone take this:
blacklotus blacklotus2 blacklotus3

Can’t help but thing they’d have to be tradable, worth 8 Pixie each, if anyone gets the history around the MTG card lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.