New Santa's Workshop Thread [Discussion]

Can someone explain the whole thing again?
So you have to clear everything, but what does the portal look like? How do you get there? Do the christmas buffs reset if you do this??? So confused

Basically this is a “no-harm” dungeon.
You don’t have monsters.
All you have is a minigame where you have to destroy the gifts to move on to the next “arena” and as you may notice the further you go, the better the loot.
Its kinda confusing to describe to you the portal and the dungeon, maybe you’ll want to search for a video of someone doing.
This is a solo dungeon where you can obtain the key by killing the grinch or trading 4 ice shards into a key. (ONLY OPENS IN YOUR VAULT).
And the buffs are like, the dex buff and similtar things

Thanks sm

I think that even if they are like rocks you can get all shots in.
Not if they are walls tho

Pets are stasised… So…

not for ewqrpoi

If you have the tome of pain use it, i went in 6 mp pots ready to go, and i fully cleared the last room.

Although i prob missed some primals on the way, i got 5 reskin t6s and theres a ub att in my back pack

I have a question,
so basically if you keep breaking the gifts, and the loots will remain there or it will disappear when you went to the next room?

They are like commom bags, if you left them in the ground they’ll disapear.
But if you are fast enough you can break 2 rooms in a row and try to collect them before they vanish.

Wow really great strategy here guys.
The other that i was told was huntress with covert and t6 trap.

I thought that the common bags take two mins to vanish right? so basically if you are fast enough to reach final room you might have a chance to collect all the bags right?

Yep but thats really hard because its only 120 seconds to clear eveything.
So when the time is about to end, the first bags will probably be gone.

then, can you collect bag after 120 sec tho?

Yes

Most bags disappear after one minute. Only white bags last for two, and there are no white bag drops in the dungeon. If you’re fast, you might be able to grab a few things from the end of the second room after clearing the third, but not much else. It’s best to just focus on the last room and mostly ignore everything else.

I’d say it’s best to clear the first two rooms and check only the orange bags quickly (for primal and shards if you want them) and then clear the last two rooms fully (which should still leave you some decent lifetime on the bags) so you can go check them. Toastrz is right though, your primary focus should definitely be on the last room.

So what class or classes is best for this? Piercing is a must it seems which suggests bow/wand classes are best. Other classes have piercing weapons but you trade DPS/range for piercing, so start at a disadvantage. My guess would be Sorc, with good damage, the best range in the game and decent speed meaning they can clear more quickly. But I’ve not seen anyone do it with Sorc.

Then what weapon? This is mostly for bow classes whose pierced weapon choice is so varied. From reports seems its one place a tiered bow is preferred over both DBow and CBow.

Finally is the ability important? With pets being nerfed you get only limited uses, but saved for the last room a few traps or poisons could help dramatically with that last pile.

I would just say, anything with good mob clear is good for this dungeon.
Covert on bow classes( huntress trap puts an edge over archer in this )
The tiered wands pierce
Multiple katanas with pierce work
Pixie for melee, warrior prob the best with speedy and dex buff
Stinger dag if u have one, take it on an assassin.
Staff classes dont have a piercing weapon but all of them have high att and pretty high dex.
( Im not sure how well tablet would work here, with the lowered mp cost and piercing it may be a good choice.)

Best class, in my opinion, for general purposes assuming u dont have some uts, would be covert huntress. The bow itself is great for clearing and the trap justs adds nice aoe damage.

As for abilities, its more important on some classes than others, but its always beneficial. Main thing is definitely dont be picky about using ur mp pots, u can easily get them back. Focus them on the huge groups.

I posted a pic above that shows it. Priest itself is not a go to class for this dung, wands can pierce but shoot only one shot and priest has the lowest offensive stats in the game. However I got my hands on a tome of pain, which enabled me to hit for 450 aoe dmg. Pets are stasised yes, but 6 mp pots is 600 mp, the tome costs 95 mp, thats 6 more uses which was game changing.

So if u use it right, an aoe ability can easily save u a significant amount of time.

Yeah, Ninja too. Probably one of the best classes for it with massive DPS and good speed – they out-damage everything except melee classes, with better range and piercing adavantage over melee. Their disadvantage of being too squishy for their range does not matter here.

Stinger + Assassin would be good too but it’s a very hard dagger to get. Bone Dagger also pierces but with less range, much less DPS.

I’ve only done one so far. I dived into one first day before I’d seen any videos, with a maxed Rogue and a Bone Dagger. Did not get out of the first room, as was pretty clueless about having to clear all the odd presents around the room. Got two keys now I’m saving until I have a better char for it.

Esben staff and, I believe, also the cultist staff pierce.