(New Shield) Battering Ram

BATTERING RAM

png%20(7) image

A secret hidden by the cultists and used by the Agonized Titan as a last resort in case of dire emergencies, or if the cult leaders wish to make a later entrance to their gatherings.

STATS:

Tier UT
MP Cost: 100 MP
On Equip: +5 DEF, +10 SPD
Damage: 250-300
Shots: 4
Effect(s) Charge: Travel in a set direction based on your cursor until you hit an enemy, wall, or obstacle.
Gain Green Up Arrow Speedy, Gold Five Pointed Star Stunned, and Wooden Shield Armored on self while you are Charging.
Fire shots that Gold Five Pointed Star Stun for 3 seconds every 10 tiles traveled while Charging and at the end of Charging.
Charging disables ability use.
Passes cover Shots hit multiple targets
Range: 3 tiles
XP Bonus: 5%
Soulbound: Soulbound
Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

More info:

This would mainly be a shield used for rushing by the knight, exchanging control of your character, a significant cooldown, less damage, and control over your stuns for speedy and armored. This would play around the theme of the knight being a tank that is able to pummel enemies down yet still have the idea of ‘rushing’ in play. Some nerfs or adjustments might be due as I understand armored on knight might be too strong in some situations but I also imagine situations where the player might find themselves needing to nexus as this would not be as forgiving as an ability in endgame dungeons.

Let me know what you think of the ability in the comments or what you think about the idea in the poll! I’m generally open to suggestions and thoughts to edit this idea so about this so feel free to comment what you think about it!

Edit History
  • Buffed the damage numbers, Added in stunned while charging and final shots upon end of charge.

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great!
  • The idea is good.
  • The idea is okay.
  • The idea is bad.

0 voters

The first thing I think of is missing an enemy in Void/Shatts lava bridge and dying :joy:.

But this is a really cool movement idea for knight! So the stuns come out in front of you after you have traveled 10 tiles? I don’t think an armored knight is necessarily op, as we already have invulnerable knight (albeit slowed). Would quiet or silence interrupt a charge? I assume paralysis would count as hitting an object? Or would you keep charging after a short paralysis wore off (eg tomb turrets)? I could see a short stun on self being added during/ shortly after the charge (sort of recoil if you will) and/or a short cooldown to better balance it. But it seems like a super fun item.

To be fair one would be pretty insane to use this in those setups imo HAHAHAHAH.

But I can see how players can find value for being familiar with both the environment and/or enemy positions. This was originally intended to be most reliable in enclosed spaces or straightforward passageways that the knight can barge through.

As for the armored part, to some extent I was biased due to something along the logic of my previous post with Sentinel’s Bastion. Warrior has Jugg, Paladins have MSeal, so along with CShield already being a thing this was something I thought would tie the differences between buff availability (Armored) between the classes.

Yup! The stuns are meant to mimic a sort of ‘momentum force’ as you are charging through, knocking down some enemies along the way. The debuffs of Petrify or Paralysis would count as ‘hitting an object’, stopping the charge, Confused would have no effect (as you are already charging in one direction and how Confused works) while charging. Quiet and Silence would not interrupt the charge as this is a one-time cast ability.

Oooo, I forgot about how the knight might still be able to shoot while charging. I will most likely add in the ‘stunned on self’ while charging. To pair with the recoil I imagine I would also add a final shot at the end of the charge. I’ll also add in that the ability cannot be used while charging, as for a cooldown I feel like it might be awkward to implement a cooldown as between charges players might have travel different directions and lengths so it might be hard to be able to get the full value of the item having to factor in the cooldown too.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really do appreciate the input :slight_smile:

Too OP.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.