New Shield Status Effect?

The Shield status effect will resemble The HP Increase effect but instead will have an “S” symbol with an arrow going up, that will have a brighter Hue than the color of HP Increase. What this status effect will do is instantly give a set amount of Hp to any character, just like the HP Increase but there’s a few twists:
once you take damage, you can’t regenerate back the health you lost using Shield, but the shield hitpoints will not wear off until you switch to a new realm/dungeon or if you nexus. Whats even better is that if you take more damage that surpasses the shield amount, that next attack will be fully negated into that of the shield amount. As an example:
you have 100 shield points. You take insignificant damage and your shield points go down to 20. After this, you tank a huge blast that would normally deal 200 dmg, but instead, the shield buff will negate this damage, and will be reduced to 0 dmg, but the shield buff will wear off. (Note that the hp and shield points of a character are different; if you take 20 dmg in shield you wont be taking 20 dmg from your hp points at the same time.)
An Item that can buff players with this effect with a new ability item can be the seal, used by paladin. The ability would cost 120 mana, replacing the Hp increase that is a given on most seals, but nothing more. The party effect will give everyone 100 shield points, but as a self buff, will give you 150 shield points. The Shield effect does NOT stack and the seal will have a cooldown between 10 - 20 seconds. The dungeon that would probably drop this seal as a white bag would most likely have enemies that use this Status effect too.

So basically, it’s hp that you can’t get back and has a huge ass cooldown? Sorry, but why would I wait the 10 second cooldown when I could use a t6 seal that has NO cooldown and heals me about 100hp and gives me healing effect?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.