New stat idea, maybe a part of an item

so would it be a range or a set amount…???

It could be a percentage, such as maybe 5% reduction up to about 20%. I am just making these numbers, I would’nt know what would be balanced. Of course Deca would need to analyze it a bit more. So to answer your question, I guess it would be a range, depending on how much of a debuff it is.

hmm, but that would be very annoying, lots of players know the timings and calculate them accordingly, especially for confuse.

Oh i see what you mean. Then there would just need to be a set amount for sorts, like a cap to the amount. Maybe at max, it can only take off a second of confuse for some things.

You bring up a very good point. How would you think it would be best for it to work?

i got no clue.

Also you might want to include before your survey, that 5 is Love it, and 1 is hate it.

Oh yeah thanks

I have to say though, this is one of the less thoughtless ‘new stat’ ideas I have seen. However, it doesn’t actually add anything to the game, it just makes it even easier. Making RotMG easier is not the direction most people want it headed in. (even if it might be doing that anyway :c )

Sorry about that. I just wanted to come up with an idea for something new, in this case for more balance, so to speak. Thanks for letting me know though

That is a lot of restrictions, but I guess I see why it wouldnt work.

Instead of a new stat, it could be part of an item’s ability such as reducing the amount of debuffs by like 1 second or so. It does not even have to be a specific stat, but could just be some part of an item, like maybe a slow, a teleport, or speedy.

you can put this all into one reply, if you don’t think of it until after you already posted the first reply, you can click the little pencil icon under your reply to edit your new points onto it

as for the list, the reason why all of those are on there in the first place is that all of them are either
a) unoriginal
b) actually impossible for one of many reasons
c) totally game-breaking
d) some combination of the above

i think thats too complex for a game like rotmg.

Lots of games has those, but rotmg has always been a simple kind of game.

Yeah thats true. So not a new stat, but I was thinking of it being added to an item. Items already have things like teleport and speedy, so would it work if it was added to something like that? Not as tenacity, but as maybe a reduction of debuffs.

Well, it could be incorporated into an item instead of adding a new stat. Adding a new stat would be a lot of work but not impossible, and adding it into an items, not as a stat, but as a small or extra ability would not be impossible. I dont know what u mean by gamebreaking.

yes thats what i meant, still seems too complex for rotmg (my opinion)

Why not just work this into a Vitality Modifier for maybe Knights, Warriors (with heavy nerfs to those 2), Sorcerers, and Tricksters?

Add a stat like Luck, the higher the luck the better your chances at good loot??

Stealing this format from Xaklor.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.