New updates are slowy "killing" the Game?

Hello. Today, I’m gonna ask a few questions about what do you think about game evolution.
If I just ask you do you think the game growed on the right way?, you will probably think than yes. This is normal. Lost Halls, Shatters… we now have many new dungeons to expand the game and make it better.
But I’m not watching those updates like that… Here’s some of my thoughts, I let you judge and tell me your advice.
Note than this topic is mostly adressed to “old” players

###Oryx the Mad God

You all know, or most of you do, but in this game, you are playing in the Realm of Oryx the Mad God. That’s pretty much why this game is called Realm of the Mad God.
So. We are captured by this bad guy, and he try to feed his minions with us. I personally think than he would be the king of the game! Like a final boss, dropping the best gear you can have. But he is overclassed by the new bosses. They drop better items, okay. But they are a lot harder, which does not really make sense on a game based on Oryx. They could make Oryx 3, but it would be pretty… special ; Oryx Castle : Oryx Chamber ; Wine Cellar ; ??? ; Oryx 3 But actually, the “tops” are overclassed by most of the UTs, and we now all prefer Shatters or Lost Halls than an old Oryx 2 (which don’t means than people do not have fun by doing Oryx 2) But this is my advice. Oryx, “final” boss of this game, is now overclassed by 4 dungeons (Tomb, Shatters, The Nest and The Lost Halls) Now the final boss is the Void Entity (Cool sprite, cool battle, cool loots) but come in the game like a jumpscare spawns on your screen…

###-Dungeons difficulty

####Graves (difficulty indicator)

This is a small point I want to talk about. The dungeons difficulty indicator is now pretty useless (don’t have the word), I think we need a 6th potential difficulty grave. Because Mad Lab (Rushable by 0/8, mid-game items, 2 pretty easy bosses) have the same amount of graves than the fakin LOST HALLS (Hardest game dungeon, dangerous for every kind of classes, maxed or not, 4 hard bosses and pretty op items) So we could ;

• Put LESS difficulty graves for easy dungeons
    -_Put an additional 6th grave for hard dungeons
    That’s all for this point

####-Dungeons growing difficulty :

The Lost Halls and The Nest are finally out! But before, there was The Shatters. A hard dungeon, that was, for the players, the hardest dungeons ever done, and players were doing and doing it, until they get bored of this dungeon… They don’t stopped to do it, no ; they were doing it, as much than before, dreaming of a new difficult dungeons… Then a miracle happened ; The Lost Halls. People are now happy, and have fun with this dungeon. But… I guess it will happen they same thing than with the Shatters. Players will do it, more and more, until they get bored of it. I think in like 1 year, people will get bored of The Lost Halls, and deca will need to make another dungeon… harder… and harder… You understand?? More the game will grow, more the dungeons’ difficulty will grow too. Until the dungeons will be too hard for the actual maxed chars (ex: boss with 1k damage bullet, os almost everything)
Well, that’s totally my advice, and your free to say whatever you think about it.

###Items

As seen upon there, the dungeon difficulty will probably grow more and more. So the Items they drop will do the same. Omnipotence Ring is great! But if in 5 years, there is the “Ultra Dead Hell Of The Ultimate Void”, the new hardest dungeon, it will probably drop the “Kappa Ring,” that could give +150 HP + 150 MP +15 DEF or anything like that. Im giving totally crap exemples, saying random shit, but this is what scares me.

I do not think everyone will agree with me, but I guess some of the people will may agree with some points…

If you are too lazy to tell your advice, here’s polls (don’t hesite to comment anyway, it is a lot better) :slight_smile:

Do you agree with my advice?

• I totally agree
  • I agree
  • I agree, but only some points
  • I don’t agree
  • I totally don’t agree

0 voters

Do you like the way the game is growing?

• I love the way the game is growing
  • Not what I hoped, but I like the way the game is growing
  • Not what I expected, but the way the game growed is not too bad
  • I don’t really like how the game is evolving.
  • I just totally don’t like the way the game is evolving, it’s just bad!

0 voters

What do you think the game needs, to be better?

• Less difficulty
  • More difficulty
  • More dungeons
  • More skins
  • Reworking the actual game
  • More classes
  • More items
  • More players
  • Ways to get free gold
  • More monsters
  • More events
  • Other (precise in comments)
  • Nothing. The game is already awesome to me

0 voters

I think an trioxide(ozone) oryx that’s stun immune and has a shit ton of minions with 1.5 mil hp could do good

The new updates have generally been QOL… not killing the game in any way

EX: Oryx castle is WAY more cooperative now. I can remember being a noob with literally 0 max characters almost never doing the stone guardians. They would be dead by the time I even got there. Not the mention that Janus was basically never a thing, unless 2 or 3 players stayed behind to clear those stupid statues. Deca, in my opinion, completely improved Oryx 1,stone guardians, AND Janus, all in updating the walls and adding weakness.

So no. I don’t see how “new updates” could possibly kill the game. Deca has made some GREAT fixes and QOL changes. And even by adding “harder and harder dungeons”, they allow the crowd of end game players that pay Deca LOTS of money to continue playing, and to have a reason to continue supporting the game. If you have a bunch of 8/8s, and basically you have everything in the game, you’d probably get bored of shatters and tombs. Now there are dungeons that are challenging enough to keep those experienced players playing the game.

I think one of the main problems right now is that they are focusing to much on end game content and not enough on mid game content. The end game dungeons are awesome for sure, but the mid game has pretty much stayed the same for a long period of time. Adding some new dungeons that drop from Beholders, Ent Gods, etc. which are around the same difficultly as a UDL or Mad Lab would make the game much more interesting and varied.

I do agree with you on the grave system. I think it should probably be out of ten graves rather than only five.

I’m not totally speaking about that, but you are right. I never said deca was doing bad things, because they just do a legendary work. But its not too much a problem to have harder and harder dungeons, just than these dungeons will be too op, they will become completly weird

Your right about mid game issues :stuck_out_tongue: But 10 graves are maybe a bit too much :smiley:

10 graves is definetly he right number. Pirate, maze, spider den - 1 stones. Hive, jungle - 2 stones. Udl, sprite, snake, cave of tres - 3 stones. Abby, sew, cland, bellas - 4 stones. Pup, lab - 5 stones. Davys, temp, shait - 6 stones. Encore, LOD, ice cave, battle for nexus - 7 stones. Epic dungeon trio, Oryx 1 - 8 stones. Shatts, nest?, tomb, O2 - 9 stones. Lost halls, nest? - 10 stones.

Shaitans 8/9 stones ; solo it, you will see^^

Lol solo shatts and nest xd. Its a hard one to decide on

Hi,
The game is progressing just fine. Development is done in a vertical fashion, as it should be.
The majority of the paying playerbase yearns for tougher content, so that’s what shall be delivered. Don’t be ungrateful, Deca released The Hive long before these end game dungeons - do you just conveniently ignore the facts that don’t fit your arguement?

If you’re not educated on the matter, I suggest reading up on powercreep. It’s a phenomena most games go through at some point in their development cycle.
As @WhirlKill mentioned, there have been SO MANY QoL changes, the game is moving in a perfect fashion given the extent of Deca’s resources.

They’ve struck a fine balance in community interaction, generating revenue, and also providing content for all the various players.

Like I mentioned, acquaint yourself with the concept of power creep. Any game will go stale in an MMO environment if they don’t create new content for the higher/highest level players.

I’m sorry for seeming like I’m pissed. But your title is quite aggressive in branding Deca as the bad guy. They are the best thing to have happened to the game since Rob and Alex stopped Oryx from spawning in the Realm.

Deca are just the best. They are just legends. But I think than the game is a bit reaching its limits, because it cant have an infinite difficulty dungeon

Ofcourse it can. That’s how online games progress. The content generated is tailored to the average level/skill set of the current major active paying playerbase.

Yea but the dungeon difficulty will be limited to the characters stats capacity
As I said, you cant tank a shotgun of 15 paralyzing bullets 250 damages each if you have 1k hp

Why don’t we let the developers handle the balancing out of stuff when the need arises to create content of that level?

There are multiple ways to deal with that situation. They should be quite obvious to you if you think about it.

Also you’re basing your whole idea off of conjectures and if’s. Try to at least give a decent example instead of a “Ring of Kappa”.

I think the biggest issue with realm is the community not being able to move on. We have an incredibly hypocritical and stubborn community. When pets came out players quit and claimed it was because of pets. However that was just a excuse to quit the game for themselves. Many people have came back and use pets but still constantly criticize them but still use them.

Another point is when the lost halls came out people reacted how I expected because they were scared of change. People merely doing the dungeon once then saying " O realm is going down hill" people used to think the shatters was hard now it’s steam rolled.

A lot of people always clamour for new content but can’t handle that content when it does come for one reason or another.

I think this is why realm has changed very slowly over the years but DECA is making the player base come out of its shell with actually listening to people, player content and actively working to make the game better. I think we as players need to change and that will really make the game a better place because you could slam as much content as you want in game but it won’t do anything if everyone is being a donkey.

Yea, deca do awesome things, and players reacts pretty bad. Btw I like the way realm is evolving^^

I feel as if the new updates are beneficial to the game, however some attention also needs to be diverted to other things such as class re balancing to more overpowered classes such as the warrior as well as more mid level content for the other part of the playerbase. Currently Deca has been adding endgame content which I can understand because of the large part of the “pro” part of the game yet there’s also the f2p playerbase and the noobier players for who midlevel dungeons would be beneficial for, but I like how Deca is going with the game, they’re adding new content and listens to the playerbase

I’m struggling with the new content. I’ve been on an extended rant about this previously in another thread but in short: I’ve hit a glass ceiling.

I know there’s new content and new items to attain but I don’t have the guild to do it, public Nest and Lost Halls are trainwrecks at best, I don’t want to join a big guild and use discord (I’m not sociable and I have no intention on learning). so it’s same old same old from here on in.

I’m getting bored and it’s not Deca’s fault - I’ve stopped growing with the game and it’s time to move on I think.

I would like to ask what Reworking the actual game is supposed to mean.

Do you mean, whole new client and almost like a totally new RotMG, kind of like the evolution of CS from 1.6 to GO?

did you even read the reddit/forums for the first god knows how long after the release of the halls?

if the lost halls didn’t offer massively OP loot (which even that is debatable), I guarantee you no one would attempt it.