New UT Spell from Oryx 3: Smite

Hello everybody!

Here is one of my most ambitious ideas yet, and it’s for an ultra-rare new UT Spell that drops from the theoretical final boss, Oryx 3. I wanted to make it really OP, though still unique and hard-to-get in some way (Somewhat like the Ring of Omnipotence in the Void).

There is nothing more to say, only to show. And on that note, here it is:

##Smite

(Decided by poll)

In-game Description:

There is a legend of ancient, all-powerful Realm Gods predating Oryx by millennia. As their strength weakened and Oryx’s grew, he sealed their souls into a single archaic relic. It is said that they will assist the worthiest of adventurers that have sworn to end the reign of their tyrant.

####Stats:
Now, don’t get too worked up after seeing these stats, I’ll explain how the item works afterwards. Even for my standards, the mechanics are strange.

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 200
  • Cooldown: Three seconds
  • Shots: 1
  • Damage: 2500
  • Projectile Speed: 3 Tiles/Second
  • Range: 24 (So the lifetime of the shot is 8 seconds)
  • Effect: Bleed (-50 HP/sec), Slow and Curse for 7 seconds, Paralyze and Stun for 3 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEF, +3 ATT, +20 HP, +20 MP, -6 SPD, -8 DEX, -8 VIT
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies, Shots pass through obstacles, Armor piercing
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1500

####Mechanics:

Alright, brace yourselves, this spell has some weird mechanics.
So, unlike a normal spell that directly blows up on your cursor location, this spell is more like a quiver, where a single projectile is fired from the player in the pointer direction. You may want to know why I’m not classifying this as a quiver. Partially, this has to do with the lore of the spell. It seems fitting that a spell that shoots pure god-like energy should be shot from the core out, rather than from a separate location. However, the shot moves quite sluggishly, so one must have a lot of finesse whilst using this item. But that’s not all - After it hits the 24 (last) tile, the projectile then explodes into 40 100 damage bullets that pierce enemies and armor - they also SLOW enemies for 2.5 seconds and have a range of 7.5 with a 5 tile/second speed. Again, you might be thinking why it would do so much damage. Remember: The explosion will occur in eight seconds, 24 tiles from your own player. This means that you won’t even be able to see the location of the explosion when you first press space. This makes the minimum damage an enemy that is hit takes 2,250, and the highest possible damage (though with a slim chance) a whopping 6,250. This ability truly smites all that touch it.

####Projectiles:

Core (Main) Projectile

Explosion (Minor) Projectiles

####Drops From:

• Oryx 3 In a 1/500 chance (decided by poll)

Phew. That took some time to make. Hope you guys enjoyed. There will be three polls below so I can get your opinions. Feel free to comment on any specific requests, or if you’d just like to say something. As always, thanks for reading!

~FaceFlop

####Sprite Poll

• Sprite One
  • Sprite Two
  • I like 'em both the same.

0 voters

####Drop Rate Poll

• Oryx 3 at 1/25
  • Oryx 3 at 1/50
  • Oryx 3 at 1/85
  • Oryx 3 at 1/100
  • Oryx 3 at 1/250
  • Oryx 3 at 1/(x>250)
  • …Oryx 4?

0 voters

####And of course, what do you think?

• Freaking amazing!
  • I gotta admit, it’s a pretty good item.
  • I don’t care for it.
  • No. Bad. NO. BAD.
  • It’s a little bit too avant-garde for me.
  • I know it’s supposed to be rare, but even so, it seems too OP.
  • Too weak…
  • Maybe a different boss can drop it?

0 voters

Omni < Bracer

Nuff said

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Uhh, one thing to say. Lets make it VARY FROM THE QUIVER, thanks. Like, maybe shoots the shot on cursor, but shoots it back at u…?

Thanks for the comment, I’ve changed the mechanics slightly after reading it. I made it sort of a combination of quiver and spell, where it shoots a projectile that then explodes. I hope this is an improvement!

So, if you guys read my reply to @AidanGe, I have updated this item. I’ve also nerfed the damage and stats due to most of you guys saying that this is too powerful, even for an item so rare. Hope the change is worth it!

This just introduces way to many things man - it renders other rare UT’s and classes that can paralyse / stun etc. rather pointless.

This is exactly why I’m making it so rare, it drops in 1/500 from Oryx 3. It’s like an event god white bag drop rate, just on a much rarer boss.

Yes, I do appreciate the change. But, make the projectiles on the explosion move only 6 tiles, to make it less OP. And less debuffs, like maybe just a slow and thats all.

Alright guys, since you’ve all been saying how overpowered this item is, I’ve nerfed it a bit more, mainly the lengths of the debuffs it gives to the enemies. If you’ve got any more to say, please feel free to comment it.

Easiest way to insta colo 101

Why have I seen so many items related to Oryx?
He doesn’t need more drops, the st set and tops are enough.

(and the insane amount of wis…)

Great idea.

Being able to stun from far away seems very broken. Also this takes away the unique abilities from other classes.
Furthermore this is probably impossible to implement with the current way weapons/abilities work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.