New Wakizashi idea

The Imperceptible
UT Wakizashi

Description:

When drawn properly, it is said that no technique, will or sword can stop the blow of this blade. Rumored to be the famed secondary of the first Samurai to ever walk this realm.

Damage:400-600* (1+(length of key press in seconds)/2)
When Key held down: Dazed, +15DEF and +15 SPD
Upon key release: Drain all remaining mana+Quiet for 3 seconds
Shot pattern: Kinda like Bes’ shotgun when enraged, but cut down to 60 degrees on either side of the straight line drawn by the samurai and the cursor location.

A better, more math-y explanation

Assume that the samurai is at the (0,0)P and your cursor is at (r,theta). The slash width will be the exact same length as the arc length from (r, theta-pi/3) and (r,theta+pi.3). Of course, the arclength of the shot itself will increase as the radius r gets larger.

Range: 9.5
MP Cost: 100 per second
FP/SB: 1200, yes
Shot effect: Daze for (The amount of MP drained/Max MP) seconds
Shots pierce
Shots ignore armor
Shots ignore obstacles
Shot Speed: 100TPS
Shot count: 1

Justifications:
I set the damage to :400-600* (1+(length of key press in seconds)/2) because I don’t that’s too OP given ST Spell. Assuming a samurai with T13/this UT/T13/UBHP, the max amount of dmg they will be able to do is between 904 and 1356 damage with 0 seconds of daze, or 400 to 600 damage with 1 second of daze. not too broken, I think.
Range was set to 9.5 to prevent cheeses (I think you can cheese with abraham’s wand, which has a range of 10 afaik)

The Drains all MP+silenced for 3S is to prevent spamming. Drains all MP is there for the daze calculation and to drain your mp (This is because if you’re only silenced and a geb tome priest hits you, then you can just use your ability again without this effect). This is effectively same as the quiet effect. Adding pet stasis for 1 or 2s can be considered.

Dazed because I think being able to attack at full speed while you’re using this is a bit OP. Can change to a simple DEX reduction if required.

I am confusion.

You combined a ninja star and a wakizashi.

Why didn’t you just make a ninja star?

thank you for converting to polar coordinates

Please look at the item description and the sprite and tell me that that should’ve been a ninja star.

There’s no way that this isn’t sarcastic, am I getting wooshed rn?

nope, I love you

whats so weird about it

everything

Well, you don’t say?!
Realm abilities have grown a bit boring, and with the new unity engine new things should be possible so I’m trying new things out.
Is there an issue with that?

I’m getting whooshed aren’t I

Dude that isn’t a wakizashi, that’s a ninja star.

A Wakizashi, is, effectively a ninja star rotated 90 degrees west of north fired from your cursor that pierces.
also, bump.

That should be a ninja star

You’re a hard disk drive, so please excuse me if I ignore your opinion

/s

Replace 2 words in that statement and you’ll have a shitstorm lol

The idea itself Is very interesting though, I like item ideas that flip the game mechanics on their head.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.