New Weapon Type

There are 6 types of weapons in game. In the most cases two weapon types are assigned to one type of armor (katana is the exception) however there are 3 (4 with samurai) heavy armor classes and all of them are sword users (except samurai of course) so i came up with the idea of second weapon type attached to heavy armor classes. This would also make opportunity to add some new heavy armor users. I actually got two ideas anyway here they are.

The first one is Clubs:
Wooden%20Club example of T0 Club
These would be slow but hard hitting weapons. Upon hitting it would create a small splash (like the ones created by candy rock but smaller) instead of shooting regular projectile

And the second one is Axes:
Lumber%20Axe example of T0 Axe
Im not sure about these maybe something with lower dmg but longer range.

Sprites are not perfect they are here to make the post more interesting.

New Class Idea (No idea for name atm)

Nice concept, but I think that the club is too similar to a sword. Also, what class would use these?

Do you mean the look or the way it works? and the classes idk maybe some marauder or something like that

If it comes to the way it works it can be my fault i didn’t precise what i meant i actually thought about something with lower natural fire rate and no projectile instead it would create a small splash (like the ones from candy rock but smaller) in front of your character.

Why would anyone want to use this class though? Lower rate of fire is detrimental to playability.

ehh idk that’s just the general incomplete idea

Splash damage it seems. this kind of “second weapon” idea is kindof cool.

Nah, I recommend spears being low damage long range, but axes being higher damage shorter range. It makes more sense in my Fire Emblem flooded head. :+1:

Maybe the axe could just be a higher tiered club? I like the idea of a aoe weapon. It would have to be a little small though, and maybe it could lower your dexterity depending on what tier it is.

cough dbow cough.

or maybe the club/axe fires out projectiles similar to shields

Yes but that has range. This is why you dont see people using indomptable

to clarify it wouldn’t be such a decrease in fire rate as it is in dbow case i thought about something like 80-70% not 33% xD

In terms of the axe or maybe even the club I guess, if we want to talk about classes an ability could be like a circular whirl, i’m not sure how it would work with rotation and all the hit boxes etc. I feel like at this stage of development new concepts for (balanced) classes etc are too hard to get right

Yeah, that also sounds pretty cool.

“No axe can fell me!”

All axe users will cri when they try to close realm when it is on ents.

So you have to stand on the enemy you want to murder in order to use the club?
Cube Gods wya

Lumberjack, of course.

kek

nah it would create splash in front of character not on it so it’s maximal range would be equal to diameter of splash