Nikao - Minions Misconception (Again)

If some of you have seen this post before, it’s probably because I have posted a past version of this before. (Click here to view)

Even after posting this like 4 months ago, I went into a Lair of Draconis with a bunch of people, and ONE person (a yellow star even) kept on shouting, “Stop killing babies.” I said that killing them doesn’t make Nikao heal, but this yellow star kept on persisting. He told me to look it up on Realmeye, and I did.

And he was wrong.

At the information about the minions of Nikao, called the Azure Soul Shard, there’s a specific piece of information down at the bottom of the page. This section is Tips and Strategies, and the very first bullet point reads this:

“Contrary to popular belief, killing an Azure Soul Shard will not directly heal Nikao.”

It LITERALLY says so in the Realmeye, so please, make sure you remember this as long as possible.

Along with that, I said before it was a better choice to just to kill 7 of them and leave one behind, since the description of the minion also states this:

“At the same time as circling you and attacking, each minion heals Nikao for 1000 HP every 3 seconds.”

THIS right here, obviously states the facts: They naturally heal Nikao, so it would be a better idea to limit the amount of minions down to the least possible amount (1) before he respawns all 8 back into the playing field.

So yeah, thanks for reading my rant about people believing a stupid belief that’s fake.

Why would anyone focus on the smaller dragons anyway.
If he said “Stop killing the babies”, he was right, you’re supposed to focus on the main boss to make the battle a lot quicker.

Now with the healing thing, I didn’t even know this was a myth or anything, I don’t really think many others take notice either, probably just a handful of players.

“Oh what’s that you say? Another chance to spam a link for Enduring Myths of Rotmg? Don’t mind if I do!”

Why would you want to kill the babies either way. It’s kinda dumb to do so since they literally do nothing and you’re more likely to have all of them killed than to leave one behind. Plus who even does lods that don’t get steamrolled.

This is the ideal strategy for small groups with low DPS, as it’s easier to coordinate (i.e hey guys, pls don’t kill that last minion ty) but all it takes is a few misfires or some troll to ruin this (thus respawning all, healing Nikao to full).

Hence in reality it’s much harder to do this strategy, so I think people just generalize it to “DON’T KILL MINIONS” (which is wrong as you stated!) but has some merit if a portion of the minions are already dead.

each little dragon will continually heal nikao as long as they’re alive. if you find yourself in a small lod for some reason, ignoring them entirely will make the battle take a very very long time, if not actually impossible. if you’re in a large group that just tramples nikao it’s a moot point, but people don’t usually say “don’t kill minions” unless there’s an issue with dps where what the little dragons are doing is relevant.

the RealmEye wiki can be edited by nearly any player at any time, even if the information is misleading or mistaken. in this case it happens to be correct, but don’t always assume it will be 100% infallible.

shouldn’t this just be split into the misconceptions thread? It’s already talked about in that thread many times.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.