No fame bug

I started experiencing this during the On Thin Ice rift but randomly I wouldn’t receive fame after killing or damaging something IE the snowmen/ the big one being 02. I wasn’t able to get probably 500 fame because of this.
To top it all off I just experienced this on the main original game. No fame for O2.
Am I the only one encountering this? It’s starting to piss me off.

I think it has happened to pretty much all of us. I think I stumbled across an explanation for it on reddit but can’t remember it off the top of my head, sorry.

Normally fame is given to people around the player who did the last hit on a monster. For Rifts, Deca said they fixed fame distribution for O2 such that it’s given to players around him when he dies, but it seems it’s not very reliable.

Double-check your settings to ensure that Show Fame Gain is on.
Otherwise, it’s probably something funky with fame distribution, like what Mizumi mentioned.

Additionally, it might also be that those enemies were affected by a change Deca made a while ago to prevent infinite minion EXP farming:

Though that seems a little unlikely, considering they’re supposed to be Realm enemies…

It is a problem across the game that really should be sorted out.
I put some comments about this issue on the Rifts topic:

It was especially noticable on the Jack Frost fight because the last phase most everyone would back up a bit, so if you were on the wrong side from whoever does the final kill shot, you miss out on the XP.

I don’t think they switched it on for this Rifts. It was okay in previous seasons, but this one it seemed that O2 was back to standard O2 meaning you had to be near the killer, same as in Normal mode, so you had to play the ‘guess who is going to do the kill shot’ game.

I think this is it. The way they had O2 set up at least in one of the seasons was that O2 “suicides” so that fame is awarded in a radius around his death.
I’ll be honest, I’m really not surprised they forgot to do it this season. The actual design of the Rifts season itself? Great. The proper amount of care and respect devoted to the season, as it should receive for what it’s supposed to be? Looks like it skipped town.

Agree, I was also disappointed to see Rifts being run in parallel with a desirable event on Original (Cemetery+Prismimic featuring Crystal Cavern loot - event topic) instead of them each having the spotlight to themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.