No loot from quest chest?

Please note: this forum is not run or owned by Deca. Bugs you post here may never be seen by the developers.

We made this area as a way of keeping track of the problems we players experience. We believe that reddit, which Deca has designated the official home of the community, does a poor job of gathering useful information over long periods of time. A forum like this, on the other hand, is great at doing that.

So i finished a quest today by getting 8 Dr. Terrible marks. I get the quest chest out and i start killing it with my ice star only, i get no loot. Why is this?

Ice star only? That might be the reason. The quest system (new) haven’t been around for long, and there’s probably a good amount of bugs concerning it. Maybe ninja stars (or maybe just the ice star) don’t deal soulbound damage to the quest chests. This is just a guess though

You can delete this part of the thread.

Regarding your problem, there’s not much anyone can do to help you but if you have proof, such as a recording, DECA should be able to compensate you in some way.

As @Udumbidiot said, it might be a bug with the system, so next time just hit it with your katana :wink:

Can we get someone to test this out?

Whether stars don’t deal SB damage on quest chests, and also whether stars don’t deal SB damage on other enemies (I’m assuming that’s not the case, as it would have been reported otherwise).

Maybe its not a bug and the chests simply dont have guaranted loot.

delete pls

Don’t kill it using a ninja star, its a bug.

AFAIK, possible bug. Unless Deca’s confirmed it on reddit?

Ninja stars are SUPPOSED to qualify for sb damage, but…seems like they don’t???

Or did you just wait for so long that your pet got unstasised, and started attacking the chest, stealing your loot? That happens, especially if you’re only using a goddamned star

Happened to me too. But I hit the chest a few times with my doku and only twice with the star. Maybe the whole ninja class?

Ninja is fine. I just Masa’d a chest and got a couple of pots and the always a pleasure to get snake skin armour.

I’ll try star only on my next chest.

Edit: Just ice starred a chest and got a vit and a couple of other pbag pieces of junk.

Pet damage qualifies for loot. Was in the last update iirc

Lots of stuff now do soulbound damage:

But pets aren’t one of them.

Mb could’ve sworn that I read it did :frowning:

Not only that but pet stasis prevents them from doing anything to the chest even

It does run off after a while

Just wondering, does the chest despawn after any time if the player is too slow to kill it?

(FWIW OP’s RealmEye doesn’t show an electric pet, so that’s likely not to have been part of it.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.