Noob stories

Do you randomly remember the old days when you were a noob and either:

• Smiled at the memory
  • Facepalmed/double facepalmed
  • or want to flip a table because ‘dam i so stupid’?

These are a mixture of my old website account 5 years ago and current steam.

1st story - And the world turned grey…
I remember venturing passed the desert where I first faced confusion - running in all sorts of direction that I couldn’t control until I found green grass again.
I felt safe seeing the familiar color until a little gray monster zoomed across the screen and popped me.
Literally popped me.
I then stayed near the beach until I hit level 20 for the first time. Took hours.

2nd story - The Robot
I was quite the “beggar” back then and asked,"can any1 donate me a golden bow pls & thx"
I loved that multishot that helped me level much faster than a single shot I kept missing. After getting my Gbow, I ventured into the Highlands for the first time as recommended by my little brother since he said monsters there drop high tier 6 and 7 equipment and tier 3 abilities.

The very first thing I saw were a TON of villagers running straight for me, shooting green lasers, and throwing red bombs. I got hit. I RAN FOR MY FREAKIN’ LIFE.
As I ran, I met my newest nightmare.
The robot.
He smacked me so good that I turned right around and ran straight back into the angry villagers.
/endstory

3rd story - T3 Vit ring and snakes
After countless teleport deaths and thinking the Godlands was impossible because the bullet hell was more than I can handle, my brother told me about the easiest place to farm pots. Snake pits. So my brother and I started our adventure.

At this point, an extremely kind person random teleported to me and gave me a T10 bow and T9 armor. I felt like a beast with 3-shots and the armor.
Still, I avoided every “robot” that I encountered and killed only the green lesser gods. After what felt like forever, we found a snake pits dungeon.

We entered, broke my first walls (always nexus’d when realm closed so I never broke walls at Oryx’s Castle) and entered a room filled with giant snakes. I ran straight into them thinking I can handle it and nearly died. 10 seconds in and already nexus’d. I remembered watching a snake pit 101 guide on Youtube before attempting again.

We tried again and this time had no problem using the new technique of “circling your enemies”.
Finally, we reached the boss and holy crap did she hit hard!
The snehk lady kept shooting needles, throwing bombs, and spawning snakes.

We tried to make things easier by killing the the things that kept circling the room and slowing us down. We killed maybe around 3 before we realized they kept respawning /facepalm

We both had no pets at that time and had to hide behind the walls to regen. We waited minutes upon minutes, watching our HP bar slowly hit full before starting again.
Then I realized I had my T3 vit ring in my inventory.
I healed myself first with the ring and then traded it to my brother so he can heal.

Healed, shot a few arrows, get hit by every shot, run back, puts vit ring back on, and repeated for a well over 30min boss fight.

Got nothing. Brother got speed pot.
He didn’t give it to me.
/end story

So, what are your noob stories?
Don’t be shy! We’ve all been there before.

Claiming i recently died 8/8 to get sympathy donations

I died on my first maxed pally in lava in an abyss, and it was 6/8 too. I was done with the boss, trading vit to guildie, didn’t realize what ground I was on…

I used to have my Nexus key bound to Esc.

My “open guild chat” was bound to ~.

Need I say more?

Now I can’t remember much of my noob life. One memory does stick out however. I got a pirate rum from a pcave and started to show it off in the nexus.
If my memory is correct people traded me and offered me items for it. Good items apparently… but as I was a noob I don’t trust that part of my memory very much.

In the end I canceled all the trades and asked my brother if they thought I should drink it instead of trading it. Even though the disc clearly said it made me drunk for thirty seconds I seemed to think there was some greater meaning.

I drank it and was really disappointed. The end.

:smiley:

(I bet pcave was the only dungeon I ever did… that doesn’t bode well)

I think I also remember the little brown spiders in spider den being the bane of my life… I wonder why

Another thing I remember is that I got three reskin dbows back in the day. They all went on 0/8 characters. They didn’t last long but at least I had a good time. (one of those archers I did my first herm with, there were two other people)

Sitting on Hobbit and Undead Hobbit mages, Teleporting to godlands as level 1.
How I lost many characters back then…

I remember I died on my first 6/8 in a abyss. I was typing in lava and I didn’t realize.

I sold my first dbow for a ep and a femur

Me and my friend were doing a snake pit. We had no idea how to do it and he was a little better than me. We ran into a troom and had no idea what the room was. We actually ran into 4 in that snake pit, and just thought it was a dead end. When we finally got to the boss, it took around 20 minutes to finally kill it. I got a speed and my friend got nothing. He kept complaining about how he didn’t see the bag. (We didn’t know its SB and thought it was dropped in public bags.) he and I finally agreed that we would give him the next one and the one after that me, etc. Then he quit I facepalm when I think of this memory.

I spent over 4 hours trying to trade for a ravenheart sword and one of my irl friends had a bunch of firedaggers and I was very jealous ;o

Getting pissed cause I tried to rush a tomb before I knew what a tomb really was and dying to scarabs in it. I vividly remember slamming my fist on the keyboard and quitting for a few days. This happened when I was a light blue star knight. Also maining paladin for a year straight.:neutral_face:

Lol my lvl like 12 knight or something with a T5 spd ring thinking I was baller with a t5 ring rushing in oryx and getting insta’d by brute (on an old acc)

I wanted a pet so I said “buying eggs”. This super shady player told me to follow him into a snake pit. He told me he will give me an uncommon egg for a t10 bow, and I said yes. I gave him the bow and he promised me to drop the uncommon egg. He did (uncommon eggs are soul bound xd) I told him I will report him if he does not give me the egg ( I didn’t even know how to report at the time) and he left.

I got mad because I got scammed, and I lost my t10 bow lol.

When me and my friends were noobs we were making multiple account and buying t8 items from nexus for 50 or 51 gold.Good old times

i sold etherite for wis

like a week ago

thought the wis was life
in my defense i was tired and my eyes were squinted af

i level with bulwark and died

Used to spend all my fame (back when it barely had any use eg : post ammy but pre pets) in the nexus to buy rum with my friend

good times

This still triggers me-

I got a resu and went to type in ‘resu’ but forgot to press enter, and my nexus key is ‘r’, I lost it and 150 cents later I still haven’t gotten one

I died on my first 6/8 coz I entered an Abbys and afk’d there