Normal to get zero from soloing a hermit?

Was looking for forest mazes for speed sprouts, when I had seen oryx spawn a hermit.

There was no one else in the realm besides the un-named bot char and I thought, “Hey I don’t usually get anything from hermits, maybe I’ll get something solo,” and I went and soloed it.

When it finally died I heard no bag drop(s), and walked around in confusion as I had found I got nothing. I did get the free solo OT and the mana, but it’s just confusing to solo something to still get no loot.

Not even salty just confused, is this normal?

I’ve never soloed one but I assumed a dex was 100%? I’m just as surprised as you tbh but I guess it makes sense in a way since each tentacle has the drop they wouldn’t want you getting a lot of potions from it.

The only two events with multiple drops are Hermit and Pentaract. Pentaract has no guaranteed loot, so I’m guessing Hermit works the same way.

cough nest event cough

True, Nest and Statues also have multiple drops, but that’s because they’re technically several enemies, while both Hermit and Pentaract have a “core”.

what

I was going to say statues are also multiple drops but @RMGnoob said it for me

I don’t know if any of the realm events have guaranteed drops. Certainly not the Hermit (or Pentagram) as each tentacle/tower is calculated independently, an a guaranteed pot drop would mean it would always drop eight pots, which would be very generous especially if soloing it.

Instead you have a small chance of a dex or vit from each. You can get both from one tentacle, and you often do get multiple pots from multiple tentacles. But you often get nothing.

That’s not how SB works on hermit, is it?

I’ve heard this being discussed in the forum, a thread about hermit’s SB, and I saw that you get SB only from hitting the main body. It’s like by hitting the tower on a pentaract, your loot might spawn on the other towers.

Here!

Penteract loot behaves like they are 5 separate mobs each with their own drop chance. Never have I received loot from a tower I haven’t hit. Not sure if there’s a mechanic to stop multiple Oreo’s dropping though.

I’m surprised Herm doesn’t have a guaranteed dex though…

I thought in the case of the Herm the SB damage was the main boss but the loot spawn was in 4 locations (with drop tables for each location) around the sides. I’ve had two dex in different locations a number of times.

Yes, you qualify for SB on the Hermit. Then, for everyone who qualifies, the Hermit triggers a drop chance on the tentacles. Instead of e.g. 1/1000 chance of a Jugg from the Hermit you have 1/8000 chance from each tentacle, so the odds are the same.

It only does it this way so you can pick up the bag, as the Hermit dies in deep water. One consequence is that because each tentacle is separate you can get multiple dex or vit pots, multiple common eggs. I suppose you could get multiple Juggs from one Hermit, but I’ve never heard of it. Probably easy to miss too – if you get a Jugg the last thing you expect or are looking for is a second one.

Somewhat correct but also somewhat wrong. SB on a hermit works like so: (and this is expressed multiple times on this forum, even kiddforce has shown proof of so) The only thing within the hermit event that counts towards SB is the hermit itself, The spawn locations of the loot that you get from dealing SB to hermit is the places where the tentacles spawn (the tentacles) This being so, people are mistaken that you can get a jugg from the tentacles alone. I have seen rumor that it use to be a 0.0025% chance for a jugg from tentacle but this was taken out of play as soon as ROTMG’s source was released publicly (or as the rumors go). As far as the community knows and understands, The tentacles are weird because the SB loot from hermit drops from them…No loot comes directly from the tentacles.

Yes, and that’s what I was trying to describe. The only thing I would emphasise is it’s not that it does the calculations for the Hermit, then randomly picks a Tentacle. Instead if you qualify for SB on the Hermit it tells each Tentacle, and each then works out your drops independently. They have much lower drop rates to compensate.

I base this on the fact you get multiple eggs, multiple dex pots or vit pots from them. In theory you could get multiple Juggs, but the chance would be vanishingly small.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.