Not an Image but a Story: A Dr Seuss Type Short Story about the Void Entity and The Shatters

Hello Realmeye forums! :3

Im here to share a Dr Seuss type (rhyming) 10-page short story (not as long as you think since its written as a poem would be) I wrote about how the Void Entity affected the Shatters in the lore. Its always been implied by the Void Entity’s death animation and some of his dialogue (as well as the presence of Pure Evil in The Shatters) that he had some effect on the King, but it feels less direct than with Esben, the Colossus, and Malus. Therefore, I decided to whip up some background lore with a moral in a fun and unique way! Hope you enjoy.

rip in peace

i think the story thingy was alright. certain stanzas had too many syllables and it didnt sound smooth at certain moments

Yeah. A lot of it was hit or miss. There are some parts that sound absolutely great in my mind (the parts detailing the characters, the parts explaining the throne room and crown, the part with the Twilight Archmage speaking to the Forgotten King), but others that didn’t and I couldn’t find easy ways to perfect or fix them (the part about the Forgotten King welcoming them to take a seat, the part where he basically goes crazy lamenting about his foolishness near the end of his tale even if that part was meant to break flow a bit, a lot of the fight with the Avatar was a bit hard to write at times, etc,). But once you read it in your head so many times (as I did when writing it), you come to accept them the way they are and then even if it sounds better after rewriting something, it sounds wrong in your head because you’d been reading it this one way so many times. So that caused to me shy away from changing some parts that came off uneven to me, because eventually I found a way in my mind that made them SOUND good if perceived a certain way, something first time readers wouldn’t catch or even think about. I don’t consider myself a Dr Seuss, especially when it comes to skill writing in such ways, I think it was just the best way to describe to people what I’ve done, as most are familiar with his stories and writing style.

read all of em, pretty good story, the ending was sad tho.

Love every part of it. Always good to see more lore to build the world around the Realms. I hope one day LordShon returns one day to read upon this, especially now the Shatters truly has a backstory from the original release long ago. I still remember the Shatters coming out, just being the new endgame dungeon, but now, its a staple in the overarching lore of Realm.

As for the writing, its hard to turn such a full topic into the Seuss style, which the magic of his writing illudes authors to this day. But for the situation, was executed very well. It would be neat to see this as an audio rendition, to truly get that Seuss-y vibe.

Overall, love it, and will love to see what you’ve got up your sleeves for the other Void Vessels (now implying that the Puppet Master is mentioned. Also an “imprisoned queen” aswell as a “An experiment that surpassed its master” both could refer to the Queen Bee, and maybe the Horrific Creation), and the Golden Oryx Effigy from the CoTT. A lot to work with.

Funny enough, I also made a reddit post analyzing those other vessels: https://redd.it/8mrjcp

All in all, as explained above, I use the Seuss term as more of a quick explanation to what I’ve done rather than a wishful comparison. I myself don’t have the means of creating audio to explain how its MEANT to be read, but I can find someone who possibly could if I wanted to take it that far.

Even if I’m no perfect storyteller or poet, I’ve been taking up at least the art of rhyming for quite a while, though as GGaod mentions above, Im still working on syllables and smoothness when it comes to writing. I’ve attempted to do song work in general before, but that’s still iffy. Even in creating music (I’ve been working on a RotMG UST. This is one of the like three games I play so a lot of my creative spirit goes into it) a lot of it goes down to experimentation and sounding right instead of actually knowing the theory of music and structure of it. So yeah. I could continue on with this. At three different points I’ve tried writing a RotMG ‘novel’ but have always dropped it by at the very most the twelve chapter. Its always been the same story structure and plot, but how well I write it is usually what gets better with each iteration. I’ve been tempted to go at it again.

That was a sad story indeed

I’m sure you’re no stranger to the Lore section of the Wiki, would be neat to see some of your works in there as you write.

I’ve seen it but haven’t read much into it. A lot of it seems good, and a common theme I see with it is the “Septavius is Oryx’s father” for some reason, and its something Im not really fond of. As well as the ones that give the idea Oryx was at one point a normal person. Doesn’t sit right with me. One of my favorite ones is the ‘As Seen By Oryx’ that portrays him as a businessman. Its hilarious.

I always considered adding an excerpt of the most recent iteration of Chapter 1 of my novel thing to the Oryx Lore since it covers his creation and The Realm’s creation, but I never got around to it because I always thought Realmeye had a weird edit system. Now that I’ve edited on a Realmeye a bit more I may do it when I feel I’ve perfected it.

I don’t know how I’d go about adding this to the Dungeons Lore section since its so long, so maybe it could become a special section such as ones related to the creations of one person, like ‘Liam’s Lore Library’, RotMG Trilogy, etc. but I don’t know who I have to ask to get the right to do that.

I’m sure if you complete a good section of the Void’s vessels lore, they might put in a special section for such. After all, DECA seems very interested in making the Void the overarching evil in the game, surely they’ll need a whole section for that (may we take a moment of silence for the mess the Pirates section is composed of.) Perhaps ask Realmeye’s feedback section somewhere up the road for such a section.

Thanks for the help in that regard. I love lore, and use it endlessly and find it invaluable in a project of my own. I think having the Void being the overarching evil is kind of fresh and explains a lot of the oddities going on in The Realm to even before he was added, making it quite a smooth transition. Even the Nest, which came first, was created, as one can see, under the pretense the Void Entity was being added after with the Lost Halls. So DECA knew what they were doing. I may definitely create more of this kind of stuff (probably not all in the same rhyming style, I feel a fresh take on each thing would make it easier and more interesting to people) and look into that.

Very nice story, hope to see more of your work in the future!

Thanks! As Craftable suggested, Im probably gonna add a bit more framework to my tales in regards to whats going on with The Void and its impacts on the realm.

This is actually really good! Even though there are some extra syllables/bad rhymes I really liked it.

Oh wow, must have missed this notification. Yeah, my syllables could use some work but I had a lot of fun writing it and hopefully will do more. Started it way back in like November, and then set it down until about two weeks ago, where I started it up again and finished! :stuck_out_tongue:

I might make a copy of this and fix some syllable errors and comma misplacements but I’m probably too lazy to

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.