Not Guide to getting under 50% transparency

No because that doesn’t do anything to the game. If it modifies the game to improve performance then yes that’s a cheat. Changing how the game works is cheating. Were the people that sat on bosses to get people killed not cheating either?

no, it makes the game less laggy, which does something to the game.

No it doesn’t do anything to the game. An optimization software kills running processes to free up resources along with other things so there are more available resources. That doesn’t do anything to the game itself. What would be cheating is using a 3rd party program to remove all particles, textures, and non important things from a game to increase your performance like this ‘mod’ for Siege https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5qmc45/will_graphic_mods_get_you_banned/

Boy, that’s like complaining about using a keyboard driver while playing the game because it didn’t come bundled with the game. Oh whoops, I used File Explorer to navigate to the launcher’s directory to start it, I guess they should ban me.

I’m actually wondering if this wasn’t entirely intentional, it’s tricky enough that a casual player would probably give up and be satisfied with 50% and that would be the end of it, but there’s nothing stopping a more determined player from customizing their experience. It should even be simple to prevent if they really wanted to, a basic if/then statement run periodically should be able to move it back to 50% if it was lower.

I’d also argue that it’s important that a new player, should they explore the menus enough to find the option, not be able to easily completely remove other players, because learning by watching is a pretty important thing early on.

Lol look at all the cheaters saying having an unfair advantage isn’t cheating. @Shatter @Ytgha I hope yall get banned. Get good you noobs.

I personally would label this as a small form cheating and actually do feel that workarounds like this promote cheating.

It certainly blurs the lines between what is allowed and not allowed.

Who said I changed the registry!

rhetorical

Using keyboard and mouse macros is bannable in most online games. Please tell me you’re trolling cause I don’t think I have ever read something so stupid before.

Breaking news: Using the exploit to sit on bosses to get people killed isn’t cheating since you were able to do it using a program that came on Windows.

You probably use autonexus.
Breaking news. Using the exploit to sit on bosses to get people killed isn’t cheating since you were able to do it using a program that came on Windows.

It certainly does. When Deca fixes this I bet most of the people that used it will be looking for new cheats to change the transparency then be tempted to use other cheats when they see all of the other cheats that make the game easier.

It just sends across the message that tampering with the game’s files can get you what you want.

You also bring up a good point.

Nigel released this publicly. Because he released it publicly it is much more likely that Deca will get wind of this and do something about it.

I cannot tell Nigel’s intentions but it wouldn’t surprise me if he released it publicly in hopes of Deca banning it.

yeah i agree with that. Well said.
I’m just annoyed he constantly cries about cheaters then posts a tutorial for cheating.
I remember back on Xbox 360 people got perm banned for modding their avatar to have blue/pink/green skin. That didn’t even help with anything other than looking cool and getting attention.

wrong, /fps 0 on hacked clients did it (i’m only saying this because it’s completely useless now because of the tp invul)

it is cheating because deca says it’s cheating. deca hasn’t said anything yet.

completely useless and adds nothing to the conversation.

Yes, but the vanilla game runs through there (unless I’m mistaken) so it’s not really “3rd party”

i guess so yeah

See, I was agreeing with you slightly before you said

di… did you just. back that up and then we’ll talk, shatter is legit, and rich too, he doesn’t need the decas

seeing as you posted the rules, how about we take a look at this. are you being civilised, or aggressive
for no reason at all

mhm, i’d say take it down but who knows

it’s not using 3rd party software, because the games runs off there. but i agree it is an unfair advantage

if deca put in a patch notes, a new player wouldn’t read those, would they? there’s no reason not to publicly release it if they wanted to

Not cheaters. Just because they’re defending something, doesn’t mean they have to participate.

yes, this is obviously a suicide

overthinking it lol

in the end this is my stance

Giving this further thought and after taking in more opinions I’ve decided to edit the steps to achieve this out of the original post and un-list the thread.

I agree that this can and honestly does blur the lines between what’s cheating and what’s not. Backpedal’s given the only argument needed and as far as i’m concerned there’s no counter argument there.

At then end of the day this is going against the developers intended way to play the game. and requires messing with settings outside of the game itself.

In the future please leave ad hominem and personal beef out of these discussions.

no

I feel like a much better argument against this would be that you can get the game to 0% transparency doing this, which would be a significant advantage in many cases that was definitely not intended.

Also, since @IrMonOxide is such a big fan of moderators enforcing forum rules, I’d like to remind you that ad hominem attacks are also against the rules. If you don’t know what that means, it refers to all of your extremely unhelpful toxic snippets that are aimed at attacking shatter’s and/or niegil’s character directly rather than actually discussing their arguments (“niegil is a cry baby idiot”, “niegil bribed you with decas”, “you probably use autonexus”, etc.). Your little tantrum here probably would have earned you at least a temp ban with the way you were flooding the thread with your own rampant toxicity, if it weren’t for backpedal getting through to shatter and closing the thread already. And you know how backpedal pulled it off? By talking like normal human being instead of relentlessly flaming all opposition like a child with extremely poor anger management skills.

Please reconsider the way you approach making your arguments as you will never ever convince anyone to get on your side while talking like that. People are wired to react poorly to open hostility regardless of the actual stances being considered.