Not receiving mark bag after reaching soulbound

Not receiving pbag in tomb after getting sb loot from boss. (It’s not behind the portal).

Has this happened to anyone else?

Likely because the loot is tied directly to Geb, rather than every tomb boss. It’s an unfortunate design thing with Tomb, plus the loot system being tricky in general.
The way it currently works, I think, is:

• an invisible object copies the soulbound damage dealt to Geb;
  • it determines whether you qualify for that invisible object’s loot - which is the Geb mark, plus any tokens if an event is running;
  • finally, when all tomb bosses are dead, the object despawns, dropping its loot.

The problem here is that presumably, objects can’t copy the soulbound damage from more than one object.
Therefore, it’s currently not possible to come up with a design that properly gives you the mark, irregardless of which boss you hit, unless you want to give players multiple marks per tomb, which would get real messy real fast.

can’t they just put one of the soulbound trackers on each boss and despawn any 2 active ones at the end?

That could still lead to random players getting the mark, and the others not getting it. If I only hit Nut and Geb, but the Bes object is the one that doesn’t decay, then I won’t get the mark!

On the flipside, now I’ve started wondering if you can make an object copy the SB record of an object that copied the SB record of another object…
In which case you could make 3 objects that check soulbound, one for each boss, and then an additional object which drops the mark!

(Or, y’know, they could just revise the mark system and change it to dungeon-completes-via-soulbound-damage, like with Exaltations…)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.