NPE/PPE Rules

Don’t know if this belongs on the wiki, but I thought it’d be neat to have on the forums as a reminder.

1) The only difference between PPE and NPE is pets are allowed when playing PPE.
-A lvl 1 pet is allowed for NPEs as it has so little impact it can be considered a cosmetic rather than a true asset.

2) You can only use/drink what you loot.
-You can’t use the login calendar (except maybe backpacks and consumables other than pots/candies of instamax)
-Daily Quests are allowed if you’ve gotten the marks on the NPE/PPE character only.

3) You are free to add more rules.(ex: start on a fresh new account, use every tier in order, try to get to 8/8 using only a specific set, etc…)

4) If you are not part of the 3 following groups, you do not need to bother too much about the previous rules or about getting all the way to 8/8 full tops/UTs:
-players who do PPEs/NPEs to have an achievement they can publicly brag about
-players who are participating in a contest with fixed rules
-players who are doing a PPE/NPE run for an audience (for example when it’s streamed on Twitch)

5) Try to go out there and really play the game. No merching, no cheating, no leeching. This is supposed to be a fun challenge, or at least a new way for you to approach the game. Just stop whenever it stops being fun for you.

If you have an idea for a fun set of rules to add to these, post it below.

NPE is New Player Experience, originally, it would be allowed for you to obtain a pet as long as you only used fame / items gained on that new account.

APE
Is the best

Again: if you want to add more rules such as “start over on a new account” or “level up a pet”, feel free to do so.

The OP of this thread is only the bare minimum you need to remember to make a PPE/NPE, if you guys want to suggest additional rules in the comments feel free to do so.

(I’ve never understood why people thought it had to be on a new account. If you have a free slot and aren’t using what was already in your vaults or what your other characters get, there’s no reason you couldn’t do a legitimate NPE/PPE).

If you want to post alternative rules in this thread, please describe them in detail.

Just saying “ZPBCBXAVYVUAGDJAOBDVUADPE is the best guys” isn’t helpful. Share the fun!

Average player experience

Rule

No rule

But the original meaning of NPE is New Player Experience and it was done by creating a new account. Existed long time before (Non-cosmetic) pets were released.

Edit: noob

Yeah, my memory isn’t all that great when it comes to saying precisely when something happened. I think you might be right and NPE was created some time before functional pets (instead of as a reaction to it as I thought I remembered it).

But the game has changed over time, and so have the rules. My OP is supposed to contain the most basic rules, not the very first original ones (which are lost unless anyone can find either an archived link or a screenshot for the original post on the WS forums).

I run my NPEs mostly under the rules RMG said except I won’t use a level 1 pet as you can’t get savage as a first ability.

ppe-poor player experience.
are you feeling poor right now? experience the fun of the poor player experience with the all new PPE!

I guess you can’t consider it a “true purist NPE” if you have a pet at all, but honestly all abilities are so weak at lvl 1 they barely matter.

Who’s going to seriously argue that Attack Far or Rising Fury make a difference?

Rising fury OP tho

Would argue it? Of course not, that’d be silly even being as extremely anti pets as I am where I would absolutely refuse to take a lvl 1 heal simply because that’s already a free 7 vit, so a paramount vit ring I wouldn’t need to equip in a slot as a reason against that. However level 1 damage abilities are at least halfway reasonable (I’d hope) but the simple matter is if I want the game to at least be a little challenging I’m going to give myself as few advantages as possible which is why I won’t personally use it but I won’t hold it against someone as at least it isn’t extremely broken at that point.

I guess I’ve got an mlg NPE going then

https://www.realmeye.com/player/muleicorn

It didn’t even click that he said that, all I say is gift chests are off limits.

Whenever I die on a character I invested a lot of time and/or stuff into, I always play around on PPEs to rebuild. I follow the regular PPE rules, but I will instead vault all rare UTs, Life/Mana, and Tops in order to gain a profit of which I can use to make a new character when the PPE dies. This way, when the PPE dies, I won’t lose anything valuable, and I can then make an actual character.
Other times, I will just make a PPE to farm pots for my other characters, and the PPE won’t drink any pots.

In my own personal opinion, I think that pets should be allowed on an NPE if you get the pet egg on that character, and would only be able to feed it using items that you have gotten on the NPE.

How about the Pissed Player Experience?

It’s the same as any other character, but you have to constantly scream at everyone near you whenever you don’t get an item you want.

Lol. Let me guess, candies plus picking up mana from daily rewards? Only thing I can’t figure out is how you got the gear (other then the dagger) with only 148 fame

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but you didn’t post any links.

Also the problem with that is that it’s really easy to exploit now with events and calendar login rewards.

See, that’s the main difference: I’ve always thought NPE/PPE were referring to characters, not accounts.

So what you’re saying is, had I changed the wiki instead of posting on here, you would have thought my definition was the most widely accepted?

Nobody’s forcing you to trade. You could just not use/drink on that character anything you got from a trade and it would be the same.

My mule doesn’t have 10 stars, so I can’t use candies. Those are all regular daily potions. Also, life and mana are maxed, I just need the 2 dex from this month. The rest of the gear I just got super lucky from like 3 labs when I was leveling/screwing around before the daily calendar came out.

So just really lucky