NPE/PPE Rules

Yeah, but I haven’t actually gotten a potion as a drop on the account myself because I have too much to do on my main

Still pretty lucky. I tried a npe. After 400 fame and two hours of play, I still haven’t gotten better then a t9 item or t4 ring/ability. Just gave up

Are you doing hard dungeons? If you’re avoiding them of course your loot is gonna be terrible because theres only a certain decency of gear you can get doing things like sprites and glands.

that would be cancerous :wink:

This is going back to the “old days” when unnamed/white name accounts could still participate in the full game (except blocked from trading), so every New Player started off as unnamed for as long a time as they liked with the only difference being no chat, and no trade option (or guild).

Hence when experienced players wanted to revisit how it was for a newbie, they would fire up a new unnamed account and play on that, and the “new player experience” came to be named that.

(in these days there were no functional pets so the discussion about whether you could use a pet isn’t applicable)

Nowadays that the whitenames are effectively no more, NPE is being redefined in opposition to a PPE, where you either don’t have a pet (unlike PPE where you do), or start one from scratch as a genuine new player would do.

I prefer the latter.

You mean… Normal Player Experience?

Yes

Fair enough. I was starting my reply trying to point out why your post wasn’t useful and threw an assumption in there that you made this post for rep and nothing more, but reading what I was gonna say I scrapped it to prevent sounding like an absolute asshole and rewrote it into the contradictory mess you see here. Completely scrapping my previous reply I’ll just get my original point across (which oddly enough has nothing to do with my last post, idk how or why i ended up completely contradicting what i thought).

Most people would just ask someone in-game or google it if they don’t want to ask in-game. Your post would reach virtually nobody who didn’t already know the definition. I have yet to find a single post on these forums or reddit of someone asking for the definition of ppe. I’m shocked it got this many likes. The definition of npe is clearly very malleable and a guide should be quick to point that out instead of say what they agree with. This post seems more like a quick guide made for likes and was clearly focused more on looking pretty than helping. That’s what I originally wanted to say and ended up contradicting to seem nicer I guess?

I completely disagree with what I originally said and my deletion of it should show that (this should be the 2nd or 3rd time ive deleted something on these forums). I also completely disagree with the definition for npe that the wiki uses because of how unusable an unnamed account is now. I really am not sure what I was trying to do with my last reply so ignore it and focus on this criticism instead.

Edit: Correction before you point it out. I found 1 post asking for a specific rule about soulbound potions (back when they were new) and 1 practically asking what an npe was. On top of that I also found a discussion post about the definition of ppe (because its so malleable) and the 2 questions i found were answered fast and are pretty easy to find for someone who is curious about the rules. The answer could have been found just as easily if this guide didn’t exist, basically.

just listen to #3 and you’ll be good

And I prefer the traditional no pet experience because it’s way too easy with one.

I felt like there had been a few threads asking about NPE/PPE rules lately, so I thought maybe we should have one thread specifically to discuss those. That’s all there is to it.

It’s supposed to be a fun self-imposed challenge and people tend to forget that, hence why my OP isn’t very long.

I’ve slightly modified the OP to tell people to post more possible rules in this thread so it’s maybe a little more useful.

I don’t feel anyone should use login calendar for PPE lol

Yeah, maybe that’s making things a bit too easy. Didn’t think about all the free pots too.

Gonna edit that one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.