[Oct 15] Today's extended server maintenance - Vault fixed and next steps

(Copied from Reddit announcement @moderators feel free to move thread)

Dear Players,

Yesterday we experienced an issue in some of Realm’s servers leading to failures in saving changes to vaults. It happened during our night and we responded when we came online the next day.

Some players experienced loss of items and it exposed some potential exploits for duping. Our investigation took a long time, but we determined that it affected a small percentage of actions to the vaults and thus a smaller portion of the entire community.

So we decided against a rollback as it would cause more grief than good since a lot of players had made significant progress over the course of the night.

We have fixed the issue and have brought the game back up now. The ban hammer is already in progress and will be dropping for those who were exploiting the situation over the course of the next few days. More importantly, we are also working on a plan to assist players who may have lost items. But because of the nature of the issue, we will need more time to determine all the specifics.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for all your patience. We are working diligently through the weekend to come up with a plan and will let you know when there is something to share.

We have placed a free ambrosia pack in the package store for now and will plan to have some special events for next week.

Sincerely,
The Deca Team

#Fri itenz?!?

But as for the decision against a rollback, it’ll probably be a hugely unpopular decision but I agree with what they decided.

I wonder how they’ll differentiate between people who accidentally did this and those who purposely exploited it. I mean, I could just be vaulting a bunch of pots and suddenly have 8 juggs lmao.

I thought about this too, and I think they’re just going to look at the frequency of the changed items. If a player has been repeatedly changing crowns into fire swords over and over again, regardless of the item, that player would probably get banned, as knowledge of this issue could have prevented more attempts. Likewise for someone turning fire swords into crowns.

Fire sword master race!

Did you lose anything/gain anything? I wasn’t online during this whole fiasco so nothing happened for me.

Haha, you know it!

I’m glad you didn’t lose anything. I, too, was offline during this whole ordeal. Too busy coding :stuck_out_tongue:

but hey, free ambrosia amirite?

i wonder how the ban hammer is progressing, anyone know people who got banned, i heard of some people abusing the system during the time, but still no ban for them.

Just because you heard someone was abusing ‘x’, it doesn’t mean they actually were abusing ‘x’. If ou could get banned just by word of mouth, you could start a rumour against any player to be banned for ‘x’ just because you don’t like them.

For people to get banned, there needs to be solid, hard evidence against the player.

And by ‘x’ I mean any exploit

well when i meant “heard of” i was 95% sure they were doing it.i yes i did not imply that people who had a rumor of using it, should get banned. I was wondering how deca knew who abused it, maybe they have this system to see all your items at periodic times and what you did. But, that would be super slow. And i was wondering if they wrote about the ban hammer just to scare people, or they actually are doing it.

And i highly doubt they have anyone has proof of another person using it.

Luckily I got my Pirate King’s Cutlass after the fiasco was over…

i used to confuse you with @Efnuiwrbvu

I hate trading with people using these names… Especially on USW3 (no offence guys)

usw2? not usw3? and why so just press trade, its not like you have to type out their names

I’m just gonna pretend that didn’t happen…

Yes but sometimes I want to talk to them. Like telling them I want the 2 spd instead of the 2 wis. And sometimes they post,

SELLING PIXIE 4 L @ Eieusothg!

but I can’t click on the speech popup so I have to type out their names.

i personally think that the i and l look too similar when caps, i hate that.

And why cant u click on the speech bubble?

Sometimes it’s crowded and other speech bubbles cover it. For some reason, I can’t click too close to the edge of a speech bubble.

@moderators could you please edit the title to include [Oct 15] after Today’s extended server maintenance to avoid it looking like a new announcement. I don’t have the power in this sub-forum.

Matty did edit the title…

I am literally retarded, comment has been removed. Sorry Matty.

It happens to the best of us