Off-Centered HP/MP Text

I’ve never really noticed this until it was brought up pretty recently, but apparently the hp/mp text on my screen is off-centered pretty much all the time. Here’s a few examples from various screenshots I’ve taken. In some of them, the off-center is really noticeable. Anyone have any ideas on what could cause it? I’ve heard someone say it’s caused by zooming in/out a lot, but I’m not sure. For additional info, I’ve been playing the game on Macs through Kongregate for the past few years.

Off-Centered HP/MP Text 2: Graphical Boogaloo
Epic chest opening

Probably a kongregate problem that’s been fixed for a while on the official site.

Resize the window

Wait, did they mean zooming in/out on the window, not the minimap? I usually play with my browser at 110% zoom.

Nah, that wasn’t it. I set it back to 100% zoom and reloaded the page, but the text is still off-center. Maybe I need to open up a new browser and try again.

That happens on flash when you mess with the window size, try loading your game on flash so maybe it can load on the proper size.

That’s the thing. I’m using Kong, not Flash, so idk what’s the cause of this.

Well the only possible cause is window size/visual arrangement problems. Try loading the kong client through the projector to check if it fixes the issue.

I actually got a ruler out and measured them - all your fame, HP and MP text is perfectly centred. Which exactly do you think is off-centre?

https://i.imgur.com/FiN9UWU.png
How can you not see that?

Try it yourself. The distance between the left-hand end of the red bar and the first 8 is exactly the same as the distance from the left-hand side of the bar to the last )

And I think that’s the problem - the full HP text is “890/890 (+190)” and that is centred perfectly.
If LtKaita had any equipment with added MP then the MP bar would look similar

I sincerely hope you are intentionally missing the entire point.

Are you trolling?

Neither. The OP said that his HP / MP text was off-centred, so that is what I looked at.

Now you’ve scoffed at that (excuse me for actually believing his words :wink: ), I took another look. If he meant that the entire content of that window is off-centred… yes it is. No idea why.

The text is off-center vertically.
Ruler that.

I am on Kong, on a Mac, and have no such problems. It works fine in the browser, though I usually use Flash Projector.

Your images look zoomed in – the game window looks larger than the normal 600 x 800. That is probably the cause, and as others are not having the problem on Kongregate it‘s probably a local setting such as browser zoom. If you are using Safari select “Actual Size” from the View menu and reload the game.

:smile:

Now I feel such a plum - never even considered that

:smile:

You can play Kong through flash projector? What?!

Yes. Scroll down to “Getting your Kongregate Account Information”

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.