Official clarification on "idling"

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/c21u4v/clarification_on_idling/

So how do they know if you are using a 3rd party client? I haven’t heard about any bans but admins are till crashing fame trains. Im sure it would take quite some time to look up whether idler is using a third party client, and some staff probably dont have the perms to do so

They don’t and they clearly avoided this point. But in reality almost all idlers use hacked clients anyway.

I was under the impression they tested by checking to see if players were using autoaim

I havent been fame training recently so im not positive but from what the discord im in has been saying it seems that an admin just enters the realm , kicks all the idlers, and closes the realm with a command.

I agree. This is why they aren’t banning people but still crashing trains. But if there is no proof that the players are doing anything wrong, isnt it technically abuse of power?

I think I was there when the train in question was being set up. One of the things said in chat was that a single player was operating multiple idlers, and that idlers only need a staff and autoaim to do their job. That’s not something you can do with the official client, and I guess checking for autoaim is not that difficult for an admin. I went back to the same realm about 40 min later and the train was a semi-static blob of players with gods spawing around them. Really easy to see that something fishy was going on.

Its happened many times over the week.
But that does seem like sufficient evidence to shut down the train and not ban. Good point

No, it’s their game, they can decide to liquidate the company and close tomorrow, or to sell tickets to enter the realms.

While that is true, I’m pretty sure the person who has been doing this is a moderator, not an admin and especially not an owner. While it seems that the admins approve of his actions, he took action before it was announced that participating in a fame train using idlers is not allowed. Idling using a 3rd party client is clearly against tos, but action against idlers using decas client has also been taken

Many times? Gosh, you’d think they would have got the message the first time…

Although I saw someone asking for clarification on reddit, and I thought it was 100% clear that something that relies on hacked clients to work is not acceptable, so maybe people are just a bit dense.

The only think that bothers me a bit is Deca coming down harder on fame trains at the same time they announced a reduction in feed power for skins.

To be honest, being the realm janitor is something the summer intern can do, while other members of staff carry on with their jobs.

I hope this is a step towards having more meaningful leaderboards and being able to do something with fame.

So you think there are people not working for Deca that have offical tools for kicking/banning players?

Im saying its a moderator. Admins make the rules, mods enforce them. In this case the rules were enforced before they were communicated to the players

No, the rule of not using third party tools exists since the very beginning of the game.

Im talking about the fame trainers, not the idlers. It wasnt announced that being in a train realm with idlers was bannable until now

And when was that enforecd?

Sorry, bad wording on my part. They never gave any notice that it was frowned upon. The mod just started crashing trains and when people sent support tickets Deca finally sent out this post

you would be insane and really living on the edge if u were to AFK in godlands with no autonexus

Pog.

finally i can report the jackasses that sit in cland boss room

Here, because I want to help you:

airhead, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, bubblehead, chowderhead, chucklehead, clodpoll (or clodpole), clot [British], cluck, clunk, cretin, cuddy (or cuddie) [British dialect], deadhead, dim bulb [slang], dimwit, dip, dodo, dolt, donkey, doofus [slang], dope, dork [slang], dullard, dumbbell, dumbhead, dum-dum, dummkopf, dummy, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, gander, golem, goof, goon, half-wit, hammerhead, hardhead, idiot, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loggerhead [chiefly dialect], loon, lump, lunkhead, meathead, mome [archaic], moron, mug [chiefly British], mutt, natural, nimrod [slang], nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, prat [British], ratbag [chiefly Australian], saphead, schlub (also shlub) [slang], schnook [slang], simpleton, stock, stupe, stupid, thickhead, turkey, woodenhead, yahoo, yo-yo

Don’t use homofobic slurs please