Official Deca Statement regarding Unity and the fame reset

X-post from r/rotmg: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/ah9wey/picking_some_things_up/

Picking some things up... [Producer's Letter]

I wasn’t worried.

I’m so glad to hear that my base fame won’t be getting reset, I’ve worked hard to get my fame where it is without training haha.

Thanks for the explanation, Deca!
Thanks You

Aw, I wasn’t following the discussion very closely but I was hoping it would be a full reset all across the board, only preserving names, no pets, slots etc to remove influences from hacking/RWT and reset the economy.

Oh well, I guess I get to keep my stuff then, that’s fine too.

Feed your pets while you can boys and girls.

Indeed

yeah, no. People (including me) have spent way too much money and time on pets to have them reset.

Maybe a customizable UI…? :wink: Like, different colour background, custom map colours for players, guiildmates, and events?

I was slightly worried too, since I do have a 90/88 pet I didn’t spend a dime on.

Honestly, if they got rid of pets but gave back some kind of compensation depending on your pets I honestly wouldn’t mind.

Does anyone know when exactly will the fame restart be happening? I want to spend all of my fame the day before

It will be a while yet. It will not happen anytime in the next few weeks or months.
No official date has been set so you have plenty of time.

What’s going to happen to Kongregate players? Kongregate is a flash games site, not Unity. Will we still be able to play on the site, or will we still at least be able to safely transfer our accounts? I would hate to lose over 7 years of progress…

Kong already has unity games.

alright then

REEEEEEEEEEEEE i have like 1100 fame and im saving up for legendary pet yard PLS DECA DONT MAKE ME RESTART MY GRIND AND MAKE ME GRIND FOR ANOTHER MONTH

I play this Perfect game in Kongregate.
But now i`m curriouse about the New UI…
If we play the ROTMG in New UI
Can i play with my kongregate Caricter? or You guys move my account to deca? or i have to make new Account?

That is big thing to me…
plz reply to that

first of all the kongregate is simply a client. Since kongregate knows your password, I assume that when rotmg would switch to unity kongregate would change to unity and will still remember your password so you should be fine.

Yes.

Your account will stay, I think you won’t need to do anything for that. Maybe you’ll need to log in and press a button and wait a few minutes, but you won’t need to send an email to Deca or anything like that.