Official Deca Statement regarding Unity and the fame reset

This is nice for all the F2P players like me :slight_smile:

Nice pfp.

:crab: Flash Player Is Gone :crab:

Hi, have been on a long hiatus from realm and just saw this on the main page of forums. I was just wondering if the devs have said when the unity port will happen?

no

Thanks, and sorry for the bump.

as long as its account fame iā€™m happy with the reset, I donā€™t know about the alive fame tho. wew

I think an alive fame reset is good(or at least make chars that are alive at the time of the reset not give fame on death), just so people canā€™t cheat the new system of fame.

thats easy to say if you only have 6k fame

Thatā€™s maybe a red herring anyway because:

My opinion still stands. If a new fame system is to be used, arkie or cutie cant just have 300k more than everyone else straight off the bat.

Itā€™s true that if they brought in something awesome buyable with fame, some players are going to have an advantage if they can immediately suicide and can buy lots of [whatever the new thing is].

Probably means anything new canā€™t be truly awesome, as [whatever it is] is being given away for free in any case.

But isnā€™t that natural that the players who play the most will be in that situation no matter what? Even if it totally reset, after a couple of weeks those who have played 10+ hours a day will be again so far ahead of those playing only fractionally as much.

i have about 200 alive fame

Why reset account fame then? That fame was earned from deaths from huge amounts of time.
The difference between alive and dead fame is just the death of a char.

Yeah it seems a can of worms waiting to explode no matter which way itā€™s done.

I guess it depends entirely on what any new thing buyable with fame is. If itā€™s just something cosmetic or trivial, nobody will much care. But if they allowed direct purchase of UT with account fame, thereā€™ll be ā€˜outrageā€™ from those in the purist ā€˜loot must be in a loot bag for you to be allowed itā€™ PPE style camps (even though thatā€™d could possibly have some merit as a concept IMO if done right).

Edit: full disclosure:

ā€¦though I didnā€™t think this affected my opinion, perhaps it does.

@moderators can you close this thread cuz i hate seeing it in News and information on the front page because when i see it every time I think its like a new post and click on it and then I realize its like more than a month old

Ā 

[Sorry, no. If we closed every thread just because one person didnā€™t like seeing it, then there would be no open threads. OB]

As long as there is active, on-topic discussion, itā€™s fine to keep the thread open. Also, only the OP can request a thread close anyways.

whos op

At the bottom of the thread you should see something like ā€œTrackingā€ ā€œYou will see a count of new replies because you posted a reply to this topicā€.

Clicking on ā€œTrackingā€ will give you a drop-down menu with a ā€œMutedā€ option.

Click ā€œMutedā€.

True, but I donā€™t think that will stop the thread from showing up on the front page:

I think @Heteraabd is just going to have to deal with it, I fear.

[Having said that, can we please get back on topic? OB]