Official Deca Statement regarding Unity and the fame reset

Step One:
1A

Step Two:

i have spent weeks of my life increasing my dead fame. During the first few years of my account, it was to buy an amulet of resurrection for 11,500 dead fame. I still keep my first ammy in my vault, despite itā€™s changes. These days, my dead fame is used for the occasional fame box, to feed my divine pet, or just look nice.

Dead fame, alive fame, itā€™s one of the very few aspects in this game that represent your overall progress as a player. You may not value it, but other players do. Character slots, vault spaces, maxed stats, the best gear, both tradable and soulbound, are meaningless if you have nothing to show for it after a fame reset.

If alive fame is an example of your skill and progress, dead fame is a trophy to the characters youā€™ve played, the hours you spent, the times you had.

The way you say it makes me feel like youā€™ve gotten bored of the whole Rotmg farming concept like Rng. As it gives chances to give items in can make it take forever. Really youā€™ve been playing for a lot longer then me(1 year for this account, 3 for an other)just dunno.

yeah itā€™s a nice eulogy, but say that to all the hackers in this game, the fame farmers, the ones who run parasite events not because they like the loot, but ā€œbecause it gives the best fame in the gameā€. Even alive (or dead) fame is pretty meaningless.

Hmm sounds like collective punishment to me which is a war crime: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Geneva_Convention

The geneva convention is for warfare and limiting (if not outright prohibiting) scorched earth tactics and the like, not a bunch of losers choosing to be an even bigger bunch of losers by not even playing the damn game they claim to like so much.

Call me optimistic but I donā€™t think he was being 100% serious with that post.

(for one thing, canā€™t be a war crime if youā€™re not at war with anybody)

yeah, but for some reason my brain refuses to process anything as a joke that I canā€™t fathom being funny in the slightest. Likeā€¦ not ā€œI donā€™t find this funny therefore it isnā€™t a jokeā€ (Iā€™d go join the internet crusades if that were the case), but ā€œThereā€™s no scenario where I can imagine myself (or anyone else) laughing at thisā€, cases where someone being stupid IS the joke, excluded.

Conmen, cheats, criminals, aristocrats, the greedy;

they do not lessen the value or pride of the fishermanā€™s work.

as much as Iā€™d like to say ā€œIā€™m in the top percentile of players by skill/alive/dead fameā€, as one of the few people who doesnā€™t hack and abhors grinding events (even for shit I want/need), compared to the ~few thousand people who play this game but refuse to let their characters dieā€¦ yeah.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.