Old ST Sprites

Most people probably don’t remember or don’t care but it still really bugs me how deca arbitrarily changed a bunch of ST sprites 3 years ago when they took over:

Personally, I preferred the original sprites. Interestingly, they decided to bring back the original Swoll Paladin ST sprites with the rework.

Another interesting sidenote - When STs were first released Kabam had sprites made for each class but DECA has left them unused, instead making their own sets and sprites. These unused sprites have been floating around in the game files for a while:

Just thought I’d bring this up for discussion since I’m interested in hearing what others think.

thanks for reminding me just how much better the new ones are compared to the older ones. a lot of them have bizarre shapes and don’t seem to know what they want to be. the only exception is the old morning star bow, that one I wish had been left the same, although I do like the new projectile.

also worth mentioning that some of those sprites were changed yet again before reaching their current sprite:

oryx ST:
image image Almandine%20Armor%20of%20Anger Almandine%20Ring%20of%20Wrath

pixie:

illumination sword:

I prefer the new sprites honestly. Those unused sprites though, wow! i’d love to have an item that’s a pirate hat, and the two sets under it are A1

geb archer set :omegalul:

the purple shield reminds me of the shield of flowing clarity

depression

also I’ve looked at those old st sprites before, and most of them look cool.

The only old sprite I miss is the old rogue ring and maybe the armor.
(Also look how retarded the unused st sprites armors look)

it wasn’t really “arbitrary”

the old sprites fucking sucked, the only one that wasn’t as good as its original was the pixie chestplate

etherite especially looks so much better, even though it wasn’t changed much.

also, the old dbow and dblade reskins looked like ass, the ones we have now are so much better

Unpopular opinion:
I like the new morning star and new pixie chestplate. I don’t like the decision to revert the pixie chestplate back. The old pixie chestplate has atrocious colors that don’t even go well together. And the shading, god, the shading!
Edit: I also added another reason why I hate the old pixie chestplate: with the rest of the set, it sticks out like a high intensity light in an unlit cave.

okay honestly the white dblade reskin looks so good in my opinion. Also the really old mad god sword is nostalgic so I like it.

Old dbow and dblade reskins are honestly one of the best sprtes in the game…
and then they changed them with a garbage bow and a not so amazing looking blade…

also you’re mistaken (as far as i know) deca did not change all the original STs, they changed oryx’s set into a horrid looking one (sword now looks hedious, armor lost its shine and ring looks like that ring you get in a candy box) , and they completly ruined the swole paladin set (then they added it again, in a mystery box, and made the drop rate nonexistant of cours)

not sure what you mean by that but the oryx set had its sprites changed twice by deca - neither of the changes look as good as the original imo.

Am I the only one who likes the Battle Attires sprites?

I find these incredibly bland and uninspiring.

I did like the old MG Sword though, especially the guard with the gem embedded in it.

I think the battle attires look great - the ones I’m complaining about are the OG oryx set. It wasn’t the most uniquely designed set but I think the sprites got worse and worse with each change.

My mistake.

Tbh, the old one looked almost the same with each iteration, with only the sword and ring receiving any major changes.

The original one had a much better color scheme with the dark red IMO and as @KiIuA pointed out the armor and the shield lost their luster and looked duller in the newer sprites. The ring and sword, although simplistic, I also liked better in their original forms.

I don’t like changes being done to sprites for no good reason.
Take the time to design it well in the first place, run it by the testers or lead designer or whoever, and then stick by that design.

It’s not like other content where there can be unforseen problems and bugs that need to be fixed, it’s just a sprite in a pixel game. And it always split the opinions into those who “like the old one more” and those who “like the new one more”. So no redesigns, thanks.

For the record: mystic ST I don’t like how they turned the ability into an orb shape when the thing it’s themed on isn’t an orb, the new paladin armour is better, the new Twilight robe is better. The rest of the changes IMO were neither here nor there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.