OMG HELP! [Rotmg Steam not working]

Steam wont launch rotmg. I start the game and it says “Unable to load the game due to IO issues.” please help, thanks in advance.

I’ve never seen that error message before, so unfortunately all I can do is make shots in the dark and hope one of them solves the issue.

• Do you know if your firewall or any anti-virus software might be blocking the game from running?
  • Have you tried verifying the game files (right click on RotMG in your Steam library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files (if it says something other than “All files successfully validated”, such as something about one file needing to be replaced, then there was some file issue and Steam has (hopefully) fixed the issue)?
  • Has this issue started only recently (if so, how recently)? Linking it to the first point, if the issue only happened recently, did you or anyone else using the computer install any anti-virus software recently or tinker with any security settings?
  • Are any other Steam games you have able to connect to the internet? (for multiplayer purposes or etc)

I would advise you to reinstall the game. You won’t lose any progress.
Steps:

1. Open steam.
  2. Go to your Library.
  3. Locate Realm and right click it.
  4. From the dropdown menu, navigate to properties.
  5. Click on the tab that says “LOCAL FILES”.
  6. Uninstall game.
  7. Close properties if it’s still open.
  8. Locate Realm and right click it.
  9. From the dropdown menu, navigate to install game.
  10. ???
  11. Profit

Hello barcode guy #2021709… just kidding, but I’ve seen a fame-botter/multi-boxer that have similar names to you. Maybe your problem might have something to do with this.

https://www.realmeye.com/player/IIIlIl

(look at his description ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

oof lol

Anyone else suspicious (IM NOT A BOT OR MULTIBOXER)
Bruh who puts that on their description…
He didn’t say he wasn’t a hacker…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.