Omni abilities/items

Would it be possible to make an item that can be equipped into different slots and have stats and buffs that differ accordingly? Like a weapon that can be both a staff and a wand…or a sword and a dagger…or an ability that is both a shield and a spell?

Buffer... Abilities? New class idea

Interesting…

i dont get it

Possibly. I’m guessing how the code works but yeah I guess. Now should it be added? This idea should rot in the depths of hell imo. Would make the game to complicated and meta achieving.

I moved the category of this thread for a bit… Mainly because this idea is very lacking currently. It helps if you could make an example! Right now, it looks like it belongs to #academy:questions-answers because you’re asking about the game’s limitations

dread… pls dont use brave frontier stuff here

also it would be op

The OP of this thread is banned now btw

Why? What would be the point? All it would mean is if you found it you could use it in two ways, with two classes that don’t normally share weapons/abilities.

But if you get something you don’t want you can sell it. If you really need an ability for your char and can’t find one you can buy it. Trading makes any such unnecessary.

And the danger with such items, as you introduce more and have them usable by more classes, you end up with every item usable by every class. Which would be very dull. It’s the items (weapons, abilities, armour) that make classes distinctive and worth playing – let‘s keep it that way.

Why? xD

In game or forums or what?

lol dreaddrake got banned thrice

GREAT concept! But as far as practical applications, that could use some tinkering.

forum

I always thought of like a Sword that was only useable by knight. or a bow only useable by huntress

That doesn’t make sense at all. If you read the Realm Stories (on the lore section), Milo, a priest, uses a ravenheart.

Also, towards the end, sword classes use bows to destroy the eye of oryx.

I never read the lore.

I’m interested in that now

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.