On the Topic of Witch Hunting

I’ve noticed a lot of reports recently about people reporting scammers or hackers or whatnot. To clarify, I understand where all of you are coming from, as I’ve dealt with the same thing numerous times. But it’s getting a bit tedious to realize there’s a new forum post, click on it without looking, and then realize it’s just some random person calling some other random person out for scamming. With this, I’ve also noticed a few things against-the-forum-rules/unapproved of.

To this I suggest that whenever you are making your first post (or maybe posting in whatever category witch hunting takes place in, I’ve stopped paying attention), you are given a list of rules to follow, and can only make the post after 10 seconds (generally enough time to see the rules, by 10 seconds people should realize "Hey, I should read this). Another idea is to just add it in the template. Or the same thingy that says “Your post is similar to”, but says “Hey, this is bad and don’t do this”.

This is pretty ranty, and shares commonality with people just making forum posts in general that don’t make a lot of sense or are just useless. I just in general think it should be a bit more arduous to make a post (though I personally am not sure how)

if you’ve made it here have a :cookie:

Thanks for the :cookie:

:cookie:.

Actually the no witch hunting part in the forum rules rather refers to doxxing.

And anybody with a bit of common sense should realize that accusations without solid proof arent a good thing on a forum.

It’s not in the rules, per se. But we do generally close cheater/hack report threads for a number of reasons, primarily because there’s zero that we can do about it, but also that it doesn’t raise awareness (who here ever investigates every person they interact with?), and that when the accuser and accused (or their friends) start talking it almost always turns into a fight.

idk, I’m just getting annoyed at this point with how many times I see these threads (sad can’t close things myself :3). I just wonder if there’s anything we/the forum can do to prevent this from being as apparent.

I had similar problems with spammy ideas in the #ideas section. What I do now is to as actively possible move it to somewhere more appropriate. I don’t know about your predicament though…

The posts are usually pretty funny with broken English and ridiculous claims, plus you don’t really want to make posting annoying otherwise people just wont.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.