Opening multiple Exalt windows on Mac?

I’ve tried forcefully opening another RotMGExalt using Terminal, but it’s stuck in the loading screen. Probably because two windows on the same account isn’t possible. So does anyone know how to do this? I’m aware of the pre-existing guide for this topic, but it seems like it only works for Windows.

seems like an unnecessarily difficult solution, but is it possible to get a virtual machine going on a Mac? I assume this is for mules so you wouldn’t strictly need great performance from the game.

On the contrary, why on the same account?

Possibly with some special software. I’m not an expert in this area, so I’m not sure.

Since the game normally doesn’t let you open more than one window of the game, (while the first game window was running) I logged into my mule account on the launcher and used a Terminal command to open the game application twice. Problem was, the new game window didn’t register the mule account login and acted as if I was opening the RogueGamma account twice. Hence the infinite loading.

I got one running fairly easily on a computer running Linux, so perhaps it shouldn’t be too difficult for Mac. There’s one called VirtualBox.

right.

I tried doing it on the command line which did not work for me. But doing it from a perl script worked, which I posted here. Just save it as a text file ending with .pl then run it using the perl command, e.g.

perl mule.pl

The script looks like this. Replace the “xxxx” with your own email and password

#!/usr/bin/env perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use MIME::Base64;

my $pass = "xxxx";
my $email = "xxxx";
my $exaltpath = "$ENV{HOME}/RealmOfTheMadGod/Production/RotMGExalt.app";

system("open", "-n", $exaltpath, "--args", "'data:{platform:Deca,password:@{[encode_base64($pass, '')]},guid:@{[encode_base64($email,'')]},env:4}'");

edit: you don’t need to backslash special characters in strings, in Perl. Just use single rather than double quotes for the strings and it disables all interpolation (all being quite a lot in Perl – see e.g. the last two lines where all the processing takes place in interpolated strings). Here is the non-interpolating variant:

#!/usr/bin/env perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use MIME::Base64;

my $pass = 'xxxx';
my $email = 'xxxx';
my $exaltpath = "$ENV{HOME}/RealmOfTheMadGod/Production/RotMGExalt.app";

system("open", "-n", $exaltpath, "--args", "'data:{platform:Deca,password:@{[encode_base64($pass, '')]},guid:@{[encode_base64($email,'')]},env:4}'");

Worked. I just wish I knew Perl requires you to backslash special characters, much like the other programming languages. Script was a godsend other than that. Thank you so much!

@moderators Question answered. :lock: pls