Orb of Damnation

Orb of Damnation

Orb of Damnation (Credits to PiterGPL for sprite)

Immense magia surrounds this orb. Its sheer force is unrivaled, but it consumes some of its user when cast. (Credits to Seelpit for disc.)

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 120
  • Cooldown: 4 Seconds
  • Effect: Curse to enemies & self, Bleeding to self, Damaging to self, Berserk to self
  • Curse Radius: Same as Planefetter Orb
  • Curse Duration: 8 Seconds to enemy & self
  • Bleeding Duration: 4 Seconds
  • Berserk Duration: 2 Seconds
  • Damaging Duration: 2 Seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1000
  • Drop Rate: 1/2000

Drops From:

• Up for discussion
  • (Possible 3rd white from Cemetery?)

More info

This orb has killed many of it’s previous owner’s with it’s wicked curse as they thirst for the power it brings. (This is intended to be a highly situational orb meant for mass cursing, solo fights, and high dmg outputs in exchange for a hefty price for taking dmg.)

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND IDEAS ON HOW TO BETTER THIS ITEM OR IF YOU LIKE MY IDEA, THANK YOU

Intriguing.
It’s always hard to balance out both Damaging and Berserk, because it’ll either be too powerful - see any custom private server helmet - or too short.
I’m not entirely sure if this sets a good middle ground or is too powerful.
Thinking about it, I would probably use this over any other Orb considering the spammability of it in some way. An effective one-second cooldown is a lot less compared to Conflict.

Additionally, what’s the radius? You didn’t specify any, as far as I know.

Finally, I can’t make any sprite for this bc mobile, but I can make a description!
also when something is possessive, it should be written as “its”, not “it’s”. That means “it is”. “This orb has killed many of it is owners”.

Orb of Damnation
Immense magia surrounds this orb. Its sheer force is unrivaled, but it consumes some of its user when cast.

ooh i love critiquing items, im sorry in advance.

right off the bat you’ve made the classic beginner error of having too many effects. Damaging and Berzerk from any one item is extremely difficult to balance out, and bleeding doesn’t even come close. More importantly however is there is no correlation b/w the effects. It’s like you just pulled effects out of a hat that as filled with super good op effects that you wanted to have. And then, curse to self doesn’t even exist so like are you trying to introduce an entirely new game mechanic? Or could it just be armor break…? Curse duration of 8 seconds, oh so it also has the longest curse duration out of any orb. Nice.

Oh it has a fame bonus substantially higher than an event white. Fits the rarity.

Overall theres no concept, theres no theme, theres not even a correlation b/w the name and the effects honestly. I would say restart the creative process but remember that less is more and balance is important.

Stasis duration?
Lower curse duration, make berserk and damaging 1.5 sec, and replace bleeding with armor break for 3
imo

FYI Curse to self does exist

B…But…but curse yourself for 8 sec on robe class is suck

obviously. just to be able to chain damaging effects you would need to be cursed and bleeding that whole time as well. That is definitely not worth doing in any combat situation, and also obsolete for chests because there will probably be warriors and paladins present anyway

oh thats cool i guess, doesn’t change much

Just tell me preferred color and i’ll make it :slight_smile:

Nvm, i was bored.

the fame bonus is the same as conflict, the rarity of this item is intended to be more than jugg, and while cursing self isnt a mechanic, getting cursed is. you can be cursed in void, and curse on top of bleed does a substantial amount of damage not including that fact that an 8/8 thats cursed would get insta popped by a single lemon shotgun. the risk that you take is extremely high and is meant to kill you if you make the mistake of using it poorly. the original name for the orb was the cursed orb, hence the curse and bleeding effects. i get why you think that damaging and berserk are too op for one item but looking at the fact that any single shot could potentially insta pop you i think its fairly balanced.

there is no stasis. there was never intended to be a stasis for this orb

but damaging and berserk for 3 seconds. the high risk of death with curse and bleeding is what is intended to balance out how ridiculously op those two are combined

its not meant to be used constantly, its a highly situational orb

ty for this, i really like it and ill use it as the sprite :slight_smile:

you can multiquote like this:

for future reference. just highlight the text you want to quote and a quote button will appear.

you can also tag someone like @katsoto if you want to respond to them.

yes yes you’ve told me this before, I’m just rushing replies since I just got on and there’s a big storm fixing to hit that could kill my power for a while

ty for the feedback, also the radius of orbs are based off of wis mods and im not a math person, but it has the same radius as a planefetter orb

also in response to this item having too many status effects, it only has 4. from what i can think of off the top of my head, conflict has 3 that i know of, stasis enemies, speedy and damaging to self

np, I like making sprites :slight_smile: tag me when you’ll need another one.