Orb of Endless Silence [Jade/Garnet Statues Event White]

###Orb of Endless Silence

No sprites on theses yet, need to learn how to work it.

An ancient and wicked orb created by a corrupt mystic in his years of eternal exile. It is said he created the orb to not only make those who imprisoned him suffer, but make them suffer in silence.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 120
  • Damage: 450 over 3 seconds
  • Range: 2 tile radius
  • Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • Effect: Quiet for 3 seconds
  • Stat Bonuses: -3 Attack, -5 speed, +2 Vit
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 700

####Drops From:

• Garnet Statue
  • Jade Statue

####More info
This is a very unique and a very powerful orb. Unlike other orbs, instead of stasising enemies within a certain radius, it does damage over time in a certain radius, similar to the assassin’s poison. Now, about the aspect of quieting enemies. Since enemies do not have an MP bar to reduce, I went with the next best thing; any enemy attacks with any special properties (e.g. debuffs, armor pierce, etc.) will be neutralized. Think of it as a psuedo-stun. Based on the sheer potential this orb has on enemies like Nut, because of her many debuffs that would be rendered useless by this orb, and the poison effect, which boosts the Mystic’s damage even higher, the droprate would be either as low or even lower than Conflict.

Erm… is it just me, or is the sprite broken now?

Nevertheless, the thing about stun or dazed is that it is difficult to inflict them. Stun requires you to go balls deep, and dazed needs really good aiming if you’re moving, and a clear path (mercy on your soul if the boss spawns minions).

Removing debuff is very powerful, and that in just a push of a button, since mystic is AoE. Not only that, the skill part of prediction and timing of a poison is also gone. If anything, this barely qualifies as an orb. There’s no stasis! This looks more fitting as a trap… maybe with a long arming time and small radius, then I think it’s fairly balanced. As an orb… I have my doubts.

Also, you might want to delete the “special properties part”, especially if you don’t want to fill it.

Edit:: this can maybe also be a poison. I mean, might as well? High arming time, low radius.

ok. As a mystic main (look at my graveyard :frowning: ), I think this is brokenly op. As @BaraBlazer said, removing debuffs is too powerful. Nerf the damage and raise the mp cost to extreme levels and we should be fine, but yeah… this doesn’t seem like an orb.

Honestly the only real reason it’s this op is because of its drop location, nobody ever wants to do those god forsaken statues, but i do agree it needs a nerf. I’ll get on it right away

Okay, you did give it a pretty big nerf, with the stat decrease and radius decrease… but boy, that MP cost. Mayybe you went a little overboard with the nerf, esecially with that large cooldown. I’d say decrease the MP cost to… 100 tops? Soul of Bearer has 150 MP, and the buff from berserk definitely gives more than 300 damage.

Then again, I don’t know about having poison/AoE damage that instantly. To be fair, that’s not very much, though.

Again, I think this fits more of a poison or trap, but if you want to keep it as an Orb, you need stasis somewhere… or curse. This point is kinda moot, though, considering Seal of the Enchanted Forest Prince. It might be a new breed of UT.

(Also, I just reread the Lost Halls, and it seems that Toast also had the same idea for quiet on enemies :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have to ask. Is this just an idea of yours? Or is this a REAL, leaked event white? Because I personally think this is a magnificent idea for an orb!

Nah it’s just an idea of mine

Okay, your current stats are pretty good. I only have one problem; chain-quieting. Especially IF there’s multiple users of this orb. Pretty broken, no?

I would introduce a quiet-immune duration. If not equal, maybe more than the cooldown. (Also fits the mystic motif of stasis)

After that, just a sprite, and you’re good to go!

Say, I’d like to try and give it a sprite too. Do you have a vision on how it looks?

The quiet-immune thing is an interesting way to balance. I’ll look into that.
About the sprite, it is a Jade/Garnet statue white bag, so maybe implement some of their colors/some slightly Japanese designs in there, just to fit the theme.

What do you think? I tried to put Xil’s color (purple so far), and the statues inside of the orb, because of the prisoner lore.

Looks amazing! Definitely gonna use it

1 thing. There’s already an orb event white. I don’t think that jade statues are going to get an orb as an event white, but maybe like a skull (I.e Jade n Garnet skulls)

YEESSS! AWESOME IDEA! Like, Jade Skull could have one set of abilities and stats. And Garnet Skull could have another set of abilities and stats.

Dude it’s just pressing a button and instantly rendering an enemy useless. Even knight takes more skill.

Well, to be fair, it does only have 2 tiles as radius. That’s about the size of endless torment, rigjt?

Exactly the size of endless torment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.