Orb of Lightning

##Orb of Lightning
– An item idea by ProWinner

Hello guys, here is my newest item: an Orb for Mystic! Enjoy!

Sprite:

Sprite Credits: @PisakPL

Description: An orb once wielded by a great storm mage, it is said the user of this mighty Orb shall see into the realms of lightning.
####Stats:

• Tier: UT

• MP Cost: 110

• Duration:

• Cooldown: 6 seconds

• Range: Radius of

• Effect: Healing on Self for

• Stat Bonuses: +40 HP, +4 VIT

• Special properties: The Orb paralyses all enemies within the range.

• Fame Bonus: 5%

• Feed Power: 1000

####Drops From:
A boss such as Lord Xil.

####More info:
This is an interesting orb, right? The effect of the Mystic’s Orb, stasis, is commonly exploited to troll and is mostly useless unless you’re rushing a dungeon. This unique orb allows for a new playstyle with the Mystic, which many people tend to veer away from due to an unattractive ability (only made better with the addition of Beserk), and gives a new spin on what the Mystic can do.

First up, the paralyse effect. This is only used by a few items: high tiered Quivers, the Coral Venom Trap, the Midnight Star, and the Helm of Draconic Dominance. This Orb allows for the paralysis of multiple enemies as long as it is within range. At 30 Wis, the Range is 1.5 – lower than the Skull of Endless Torment. At 75 Wis, the Range has a radius of 2.5 tiles, which is still a small range allowing for this skull to be used best coupled with accurate aiming and prediction of enemy movements. Paralysis of enemies allows for a more co-operative playstyle and furthers the support aspect of the Mystic, which was cough cough Stasis, and Curse. Paralysed enemies can come into handy much of the time, whether it be from stopping a charging enemy or allowing to focus fire on an erratically moving mob.

Now we have the Healing to Self effect. At 75 Wis, when activated, this Orb gives nearly 5 seconds of Healing. This can come into handy for the Mystic, already made fragile by the usage of a Robe, compounded by the lack of a survivability feature. Healing is a nice addition that just provides that extra power allowing the Mystic to get back on her feet quicker. Coupled with Paralysis, it could make for a better rushing orb if you don’t have a developed pet.

Lastly, I want to cover the Stat Bonuses. I think that 40 HP could play a part in increasing the Mystic’s survivability, which also influenced the addition of 4 VIT. Although these are small upgrades they might mean the difference between life and death.

Thanks to you all for reading, be sure to give some feedback and advice! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Changelog: 20/8/17 – Uploaded a new sprites (still working on another one); decreased range of paralysis
  • Changelog: 12/9/17 – Uploaded a new sprite, thanks to PisakPL!

Looks too much like T4 imo

Make the sprite stand out a bit. It looks too much like the T4 Time Lock orb.

Besides the sprites thing, paralysis has always been “tricky” to get.
Midnight star and quivers require some aiming, and the Ctrap has arming time (though, admittedly, Ctrap is very lax to the ability to paralysis).

I find that paralysis on the tip of your spacebar to be very powerful… More powerful than berserk or damaging of conflict. I’m going to wait for other’s analysis on this. I’ll be interested in what you’re going to say.

Edit: My suggestion is to make the radius small. Like, shaitan skull small. Sure it’s still going to be hard to hit those fast targets, but that’s the job of slow, isn’t it? Slow, then paralysis sounds like the archer/huntress dynamic.

Regarding the comments on the sprite

Also, BaraBlazer, I realised I should make the range a bit smaller, I didn’t really realise how big I made it

Looking much better, though now the orb looks more similar to a seal. Perhaps a you should keep the “shine” of the older sprite at the bottom and top right

Sorry to say this but with the range of this orb nobody is going to use it.

??

See the white pixels? I call those the “Shine” which makes the orb look shiny. I think those are pretty essential

Do you mean above the bottom row or the 4 pixels that make a square? Or both

Both

But theres like no space for the bottom row

Yeah, it’s not a must, just a general observation that is seen on all orbs so far.

If anything, UT orbs have different “shine” colors

Ok, but I will need to change the whole shape for that

/

Something like this will be cool.

That looks quite amazing! I like the second one better personally

oh yea :wink:

You can take this sprite

Thanks! I will put it in the main post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.