Orb swapping

Recently playing mystic, i have noticed something that I don’t know it it’s a bug or if it how the orbs were designed. I have a conflict and a t6 orb swapout. The conflict has a cool down of 2 seconds after using it while the t6 does not. So here’s what I tried, I would use conflict, and while it’s still in effect, I would swap to the t6 orb and use that too. What I have found out is that you cannot use the t6 orb until the 5 second cooldown from conflict is over. BUT, if I use the t6 orb FIRST, and then swap and use conflict it allows me to use both. I was wondering why the t6 wouldn’t activate after using conflict because conflict is the only one with cooldown. I would like to know if this is a bug or a game design. Thanks

you literally just answered your own question.

With a 5 second cooldown, you cant use any orb for 5 seconds

Game design

Not a fact, opinion

But it only says “cooldown for five seconds” I would think that means that I can’t use the conflict for 5 second and it wouldn’t effect the t6

cooldown affects all orbs, so if you use conflict, you wont be able to use t6 orb for 5 seconds

I figured that much out, but why does this happen? Is it game design for one orbs cooldown to effect all other orbs? It just doesn’t make sense to me

Because you could abuse it probably. Imagine if a rogues cloak cooldown only affected the one cloak! They (probably) put this in to stop perma-using abillities.

True, but think about it, if I use conflict and swap quickly to t6 orb, its an insane amount of mana for the whole 2.1 seconds of damaging speedy and berserk. I get why conflict has a cooldown but I don’t get why it effects other orbs.

Think of it as more of putting your ability slot on cooldown, that might make it easier to understand. QoT works the same way btw.

I didn’t know qot had a cooldown? It makes sense about the cooldown effecting all orbs but I think it would be better if it didn’t.

I’m guessing the cooldown was just slapped on to all classes. I doubt the cooldown was altered in any way compared to the warrior helm cooldown or the rogue cloak. I don’t think anyone stopped to think about how this would affect using both the orbs.

Anyways you could always just use the t6 first then swap to conflict?

It would probably be there to disallow chain using of abilities, even/esp different ones. Like being able to daze and paralyze at the same time. Or armour break and stun at the same time, or get armoured, berserk and speedy at the same time. You get the idea, it’s there to stop you from being able to use the damage buffs from Conflict and PFetters utility and stasis/curse duration simultaneously.

Yeah true, I was just wondering. It does make sense though because you can’t use jugg and then switch to ggen because that would be OP.

Wait can’t you use ogmur and then switch to a stun shield? Also thanks for clarification.

Yeah, I think you can actually, dunno, don’t play Knight. The shields are likely balanced by their mana cost I assume.

The mana cost is around the same for shields and orbs. If the knight can do it then why shouldn’t the mystic be able to? I get why warrior cant swap without cooldown. And as rogue, I wouldn’t really swap cloaks after I use one but I get the cooldown.

You can still use them together though if you just swap the order of using (I know because I have a conflict). Don’t get much time with all the buffs though seeing as they are both so sort.

Yeah that makes sense. I just didn’t know why the one cooldown on one orb effected all others. I didn’t even think of the warrior being the same. Thx for clarifying!

That’s what we are here for. :slight_smile:

Also mystic best class👍